Thread: steering dampers??

steering dampers??

getting ready to buy a new steering damper, I have a stick type, but want better damping when hitting things (you know things, trees, rocks, stuff that jumps out in front of you) the stick dampner does not work as well as I would like. am considering an ohlins or a scott, possibly a precision. who likes what, which ones are reliable. I want one that will let me keep the steering light while absorbing the hard hits. thanks Mild Bill
    whc 416cc wisco 11 to1,stage one hot cam, modified muffler end cap, knn filter, opened air box, houser 2+ arms, 450r shocks revalved derisi, elka dual rate revalved and sprung by derisi, jetting 170 main, 45 pilot, hipers all around,pricision pro steering damper, 450r front brakes.

I love my precision. I considered a scotts and would still like to try one but have not gotten the chance.

I believe I heard something about scotts and ohlins, like maybe one made the other ones dampner? Not sure on that though.
    99 416ex, sold, gone but never forgotten

02 gsxr 750 Jardine carbon fiber slip on, 1000 titanium header, steel front lines, k&n, 208 GPs, flush mounts

04 450r xc quad

Sponsors: C & P Racing(Morgantown, KY), Fun Valley Motors

We have been using the precision dampners since they came out. They are simple to adjust and provide just the kind of protection you are looking for. Their quality is second to none.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

I believe scott makes the ohlins, I am favoring the precision since they look like they mount on the quads better. I also went to there web site and watched there video, pretty impressive when they smack it with the big hammer. Bill
    whc 416cc wisco 11 to1,stage one hot cam, modified muffler end cap, knn filter, opened air box, houser 2+ arms, 450r shocks revalved derisi, elka dual rate revalved and sprung by derisi, jetting 170 main, 45 pilot, hipers all around,pricision pro steering damper, 450r front brakes.

precision is my favorite
    Blaine Kaiser #426

Moved On To Cars from Quads

2007 Dodge Charger Superbee SRT8 #259/1000

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1969 Plymouth Satellite - 580hp 440 - 727 - 3.73 Locker

"If you want to make a Conservative angry, tell him a lie. If you want to make a Liberal angry, tell him the truth." - Rush Limbaugh