Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!!!!!!

Please Help!!!!!!

I have followed this thread exactly and i still cant get the jam nut and lock nut off to slide the axle out so I can replace it with my new one The nuts are already loose I have a 99 400ex Please Help I cant continue until i get some Ihttp://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=359350&highlight=rear+axlenfo
    It sucks watching everyone else ride.....

Obviously make sure you are turning them the correct way. Go to the local hardware store, and get a pre-cut piece of galvanized pipe about 3 or 4' long that fits over your wrench. You can use it as a cheater bar, and it will help you apply more leverage to break the thread lock.
    CRASH COUNTER -- 7

'05 400ex
    Yoshimura __ Houser Long Travel +1 __ Elka Elite Quad Rate __ IMS Roll __ Pro Taper SE __ SLC Quad Customs +2 Swinger __ 450R carb __ Maiers __ GenX Atv __ K&N __ Outerwear __ UM __ Renthal __ Skat Trak Haulers __ T-9 Bajas w/ Razrs __ Blingstar John Natalie Victory __ Pro Armor __ Big Gun Rev box __

if they are loose it should just slide right off, did you take the circlip off?
    02 400ex upgraded to 07 plastics, w/ DMP Graphics/seat cover
    DG bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid plate,motor sport nerf bars, 3'' riser with protaper se bars, k&n air filter, power madd hand guards,jeted, HMF slip-on,sparks timing key, RAD mfg double row carrier with anti fade lock nut(red), tinner scoops(PC black), C&D rebuilt/sprung 450r shocks, Hiper CF1's(black)

whoops...my bad....should've read closer. The circlip is what holds that whole rear end together. The nuts won't come off with that thing still in it's groove. It is what the jam nut pushes up against.
    CRASH COUNTER -- 7

'05 400ex
    Yoshimura __ Houser Long Travel +1 __ Elka Elite Quad Rate __ IMS Roll __ Pro Taper SE __ SLC Quad Customs +2 Swinger __ 450R carb __ Maiers __ GenX Atv __ K&N __ Outerwear __ UM __ Renthal __ Skat Trak Haulers __ T-9 Bajas w/ Razrs __ Blingstar John Natalie Victory __ Pro Armor __ Big Gun Rev box __

Thanks for the info I just needed to apply myself a littlte more. It turned out pretty good though heres a couple of pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

during

and after

Looks good.. I got the same axle. Just came in yesterday. Looks like you used the bigger spacers. I was wondering which ones would make it wide enough with +2's in the front.

i would sugest only using 1 set of spacers, or making your own that ar full length. i had a friend put his on with both and tightened em up and when he came sliding around his first corner the small one buckled and he spilled bad, bent his rim too because it was so sloppy on the axle shaft. we never did find out if they were to tight but the torc was set at whatever his book told him to put it at on the stock axle, but it wrinkled that little spacer and jumped one side of it up onto the other spacer. maybe it was just week metal, who knows, im making mine out of iron, you can put 2 inches on em safely, even thow they only give you 3 inches worth of spacers. (2 inchers and 2 1/2 inchers) so i have +4 inches on the axle.
    2007 Suzuki LT-R450
    Sparks X6 big core exhaust
    yoshimura cherry bomb
    K&N air filter with outerwears/no lid
    blingstar victory bumper
    quad tech seat cover
    ccp steering stabilizer
    burguard +1 anti vibe stem
    g force racing axle
    tusk nerfs with alum. heel guard
    UM Racing skid plates
    22" front/20" rear kenda klaw xc
    g force xc wheels.

Maxxis razor blade paddles

Yeah I put em both on there, I figure Ill try it out and see how it feels. If i breaks ill just get a new one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast