Thread: Mystery Wire

Mystery Wire

Hi everyone, I just bought my first ATV and have been looking in this forum for advice and info. After a lot of shopping around, I think I found a good deal. I bought a 2007 KingQuad 700 Camo with ITP XTR tires and Series-C Wheels. Looks pretty sweet. It only has 187 miles and 37 hours. I got if for $5000!! I'll be taking it out for the maiden voyage tomorrow. My first question... There is a disconnected wire hanging down below the Single headlight/Gauge area that has a female connector with a clear plastic shroud/insulator. And a male one. It's like someone purposely disconnected it (please don't tell me it is the odometer and the quad really has a million miles on it!) I didn't notice it until I got home with the ATV. I asked the seller and he said he is not sure. I will try to attach a picture. I could plug it back in and see what happens, but thought I had better ask first. If you look close behind the silver nut, you will see the other wire.

Any Advice is appreciated.

Phil
    Phillip Jones

I think its just a extra wire. Like a auxiliary wire plug. I can look at mine tomorrow and verify.
    V-Twin King Quad