Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CFM Performance Air Box

CFM Performance Air Box

Check out this aluminum air box, its made by CFM Performance. It houses the battery and some of the electrics, and it has a lid also. It costs 200.00 on ebay. My question is, it looks like there isnt a whole lot of dead air space around the air filter, does this sacrifice performance?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shouldn't really, the snorkel pushes air around the bottom of the filter.
    2007 can am outlander 800

Originally posted by FreeStylexrider
    Shouldn't really, the snorkel pushes air around the bottom of the filter.
    can u explain that to me i never really understood how that works
    thanks to my 04 sponsers: broque ward racing, ac racing, fibe industries, tag metals, rtc racing products, fmx racing, pappy's performance coatings
    current bikes
    250r-esr 310/ keihin 38pwk / jrd + +1 long travel/ fabtech 88 swing/ front pep triple rezzies comp adjust/ galfer/ hiper beads/ razr mx/ tag/ durablue/ ac/
    ^just a taste^
    300ex- r- razrs douglas .190 f- fast treckers douglas .190, ac bumper w/ mudscreen, renthal ,trail tech lights, K&N filter, Outerwear, K&N jet kit, powroll airbox lid, hetrick pipe, custom length works dual rate fronts with rezzies, works rear quadstar shock with rezzie, graydon proline nerfs, lsr axcaliber axle, burgard +1 400ex a-arms, galfer +2 brake lines

old bike(s)- 01 250ex

What about with the lid on the box? Would it sacrifice performance? Would it be about the same as a stock box? Thanx

Thumbs up

I would buy it...I used their airbox before i started building my YZF thumper,and i would take their airbox over any other company any day

Did you use the lid with it?

Roseburg Oregon, Stationed in North Dakota
    I just got done installing mine and I am using the lid because it is jsut to dusty up here. I don't think the power loss is even close to enought to pass up the protection of the lid I mean you are talking about such a small amount of power. I did find the K&N filter to be a bit of a pain to put in so I switched to a foam filter which fits in much better.

Jay
    USAF
    USAF AMMO WE LIVE SO OTHERS MAY DIE

Originally posted by Live2Ride300
    Did you use the lid with it?
    No Lid

For where I ride I think I might need a lid, its a mix of everything around here. One of these air boxes polished or powdercoated would look pretty badarse

to me it looks as if you would have to remove all the **** just to get the stinking filter out

OhioMafiaRiders.com

2002 KTM 520SX

2002 Silver GT450ex Back in Black and stroked by GT Thunder

wanna fight............... how bout you stick your head up my butt and fight for air

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast