Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 400EX Extra Oil Cooler Install

Originally posted by pods_BMOC
    Why do you need something just to catch more mud,.. thats what fenders are for.
    Well, I ride dunes so don't have that problem. Even when I don't, I'm not riding when its all muddy.
    Glamis4Life
    06 TRX

I have a PEP stabalizer and it mounts on the stem to the left engine mount, right above the oil dipstick. The stabalizer does a great job too. I plan to get this cooler

I've been looking at a Custom CNC Parts stabilizer thats sold on ebay, I'm sure you've all heard of them. Anyways, just by looking at pictures of this install and comparing them to the way I'm going to install it and the pictures from the ebay page I think I will clear. Has anyone here ever had that setup?
    2004 400EX | White Bros. E2 Exhaust | Sparks Advanced Timing Key | Uni Air Filter | Air Scoops | Relocated Battery to Airbox

Rebuild Underway | 450R Carb | Elka Front Shocks | Front Suspension | PowerMadd Handguards | HotCams Stage 1 Cam | AirBox Lid Pre-Filter | Shaved Flywheel | Much More...

Originally posted by davidw2155
    I've been looking at a Custom CNC Parts stabilizer thats sold on ebay, I'm sure you've all heard of them. Anyways, just by looking at pictures of this install and comparing them to the way I'm going to install it and the pictures from the ebay page I think I will clear. Has anyone here ever had that setup?
    Thats what I'm thinking of doing, Looks like everything will clear.
    2001 Yamaha Banshee
    10' Honda Fury
    Only the dead know the end of war.

how much extra oil did you need to use?

As soon as I can find a shop here to do some custom lines for me I'm going to install this oil cooler in the stock location with spal fan mounts and tabs to mount it in the stock location welded on should look stock when its done and I'll post up some pics.It measures 13x4x2 with 2 AN8 fittings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would think that it wouldn't last very long there. Maybe your never behind anyone.
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.

It's only a little bigger then the stock one so it wont get beat up any worse then the stock cooler does.

I would do the FST mod and re route the oil to the top of the cam.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

I would do the FST mod and re route the oil to the top of the cam.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast