Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 400EX Extra Oil Cooler Install

you ought to start selling a kit man. that looked real simple for you to do and make you some extra change in the pocket. great job by the way.
    2005 Honda 416ex 11:1 Fan Cooled
    -HMF Full Exhaust
    -HotCams Stage 2
    -HD Cam Chain
    -Nerf Bars
    -ITP Holeshot's all around
    -K&N Air Filter
    -AC Racing Front Bumber
    -Renthal Sprockets and Chain

Originally posted by Choppers
    you ought to start selling a kit man. that looked real simple for you to do and make you some extra change in the pocket. great job by the way.
    I'm working on that. I'm going to design sturdy, simple mounts and see if I can throw a kit together. I know a few people where I live that are highly interested.
    Glamis4Life
    06 TRX

Wow what a difference that made!!! Pass after pass it was consistant without the power drop. The sand was really wet which made hill climbing more tough. The most noticeable difference was that because it was running so much cooler at all times, it had more power, very noticeable. At one race segment, I made ten passes repeatedly in flat drags and ran consistant every time. I killed a two piped banshees and edged out three other piped 450r's and lost by a length against my bro's hrc 450r. I'm so thrilled with the results. I will have some pictures racing soon.
    Glamis4Life
    06 TRX

Imm thinking of doing something like this. Where did you get the oil cooler?

I like it. Great job!
    2000 400ex
    K&N,White Bros Slip on,filtered air box mod, DG Nerfs,FLY bars,Power madd hand guards,450r shocks, Sparks key, ASR +2 a-arms, ASV levers. That's all, for now!!

San Diego CA, the only place one can ride year round! If your doc was not holding you back from a seizure...Ya it sucks.
    A.A.D.S. Sufferer

I found the cooler on ebay if anyone wanted to do it as well.

Is it worth it for stock bore?? I think it would look awesome, and yet if it will benefit the stocker, I may do it..

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/?_...er&_osacat=__0

Called hayden oil cooler if the link doesnt work.

Why do you need something just to catch more mud,.. thats what fenders are for.
    2000 416ex,
    11:1 Wiseco,
    Port-Polish Head
    HOTMCAM!! PLEASE
    Ohlins front shocks,
    Kenda XCR's,
    Moose high-flo air filter,
    White Brothers E-series,
    Pro Custom skid plate,
    Black Racing Air Shrouds,
    AC racing nerfs,
    Quad-tech hood,

Originally posted by pods_BMOC
    Why do you need something just to catch more mud,.. thats what fenders are for.
    400ex engines run notoriously hot...especially when modded. any added cooling is a bonus and adds to reliability, durability, and oil life.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

I bought one of these oil coolers off ebay, but when I was checking it for placement I noticed that it may conflict with a steering stabilizer. I don't have one now but I plan on gettng one. Has anyone else who has done this install ran into this problem before?
    2004 400EX | White Bros. E2 Exhaust | Sparks Advanced Timing Key | Uni Air Filter | Air Scoops | Relocated Battery to Airbox

Rebuild Underway | 450R Carb | Elka Front Shocks | Front Suspension | PowerMadd Handguards | HotCams Stage 1 Cam | AirBox Lid Pre-Filter | Shaved Flywheel | Much More...

Originally posted by davidw2155
    I bought one of these oil coolers off ebay, but when I was checking it for placement I noticed that it may conflict with a steering stabilizer. I don't have one now but I plan on gettng one. Has anyone else who has done this install ran into this problem before?
    Don't get the cartridge type, go with the one that sits at the bottom of the stem.
    2001 Yamaha Banshee
    10' Honda Fury
    Only the dead know the end of war.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast