Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SX flowtest vs 450R

SX flowtest vs 450R

my flowbench was set at 28" H20, with zero leak using a intake manifold and 1" exhaust header manifold... my flowbench is pitot type, so it measures velocity...

the green vertical represents 0.25D of the intake valve, where the intake valve lift position becomes removed from flowpath and port begins to dominate... you can see where the intake port is limiting valve potential at ~0.300" lift... the left vertical scale represents CFM increasing every gradical 50cfm... the right vertical scale represents velocity in f/s...

The top orange curve represents the stock 09 KTM SX intake flow...

The top black curve represents the stock 04/05 Honda TRX450R intake flow...

The bottom orange curve represents the stock 09 KTM SX exhaust flow...

The bottom black curve represents the stock 04/05 Honda TRX450R exhaust flow....

The KTM intake side has a 11.5% (~27cfm) advantage over the stock 04/05 TRX450R at 0.25D for lift..

The KTM exhaust side has a 15% (~21cfm) advantage over the stock 04/05 TRX450R at 0.25D for lift..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --------------------------
    ...Having a blast on my 70HP Dynojet tuned 500R!

"the green vertical represents 0.25D of the intake valve, where the intake valve lift position becomes removed from flowpath and port begins to dominate... you can see where the intake port is limiting valve potential at ~0.300" lift... the left vertical scale represents CFM increasing every gradical 50cfm... the right vertical scale represents velocity in f/s."

Can you simplify this a little sentience more im confused, what does 0.25D mean?

Originally posted by miles Machine
    "the green vertical represents 0.25D of the intake valve, where the intake valve lift position becomes removed from flowpath and port begins to dominate... you can see where the intake port is limiting valve potential at ~0.300" lift... the left vertical scale represents CFM increasing every gradical 50cfm... the right vertical scale represents velocity in f/s."

Can you simplify this a little sentience more im confused, what does 0.25D mean?
    0.25D = 25% the diameter of the valve

so that is 25% of the intake valve diameter in lift??

Im kinda new to the whole flow bench thing and i want to learn about them and understand whats going on in the chart, I rele want to get one one day

Originally posted by miles Machine
    so that is 25% of the intake valve diameter in lift??

exactly! thats it.

Good info Chad!

KTM really built a great bike...
    M-Dub

Quadless as of now
    05 KLX110 - some stuff
    01 ZR600 - bone stock
    1992 LT80 - pitquad I guess?

So far the people that have SCREWED me on here:
    powerband
    and yamablaster24 more yamablaster24

Remember every time you run wheel spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten

"The best you have ridden is the best you know" Paul Thede- RaceTech

Ignorance is NOT bliss -- it's embarrassing and counter-productive

Experience is a tough teacher she gives the test first the lesson afterwards

RIP 606

Hey Chad,so what your saying is the intake has 11.5 % advantange in flow over the honda and 15% more exhaust flow as well ? what do you think of these new KTM SX,s ?and when you getting one.HAHA

Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
    Hey Chad,so what your saying is the intake has 11.5 % advantange in flow over the honda and 15% more exhaust flow as well ? what do you think of these new KTM SX,s ?and when you getting one.HAHA
    Haha johnny! I already have 67hp honda power. I doubt i need to change my colors to orange- Haha

67hp honda!

67 hp i doubt it! why do some riders exagerate? i have an ex paul winrow honda on my dyno yesterday and that only showed a true 51 hp at the wheels

He prob does but reliable no way i wouldnt want to check valves every half hour!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast