Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heard about the recall?

heard about the recall?

Just saw on the local news that KTM is recalling all its atv's because of a rear brake caliper failure.

This is true. I'm not quite sure of the actual details of this, but most of the 08's are recalled, and I'm not sure on the 09's. I just got a notice from KTM in the mail but havn't opened the envelope yet.
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Race Bike
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Practice Bike

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com
    email: Jay@fwcarbon.com

Recall

Yes 09s if you got a letter its RECALLED New front return spring in the rear new caliper parts and brake stay
    Bill

I have both bikes 08 450 xc and 450 sx had the recall done to both bikes to day

hehe.. Well seeing as right now technically I own three KTM's I have no idea which one its for. I'll check when I get home tonite. Heck it could be the other 08 I just sold.

2009 KTM 450 SX - Race Bike
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Practice Bike

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com
    email: Jay@fwcarbon.com

Yup just put mine in the shop Now I can't ride this week between that and them having to take a look at my tank bolts my header aarrrrrggg!!

Yep tank inserts Chads SX 09. the first time we took the hood off.
    KTMs on going warrant

Just got done putting on the newly recalled brakes and they locked up on me at a xc race yesterday on a 60ft. hill that looked like we were going up a wall!lol well my quad is mangled up and so am I. My old calpiers worked fine!

Originally posted by jboz5786
    Just got done putting on the newly recalled brakes and they locked up on me at a xc race yesterday on a 60ft. hill that looked like we were going up a wall!lol well my quad is mangled up and so am I. My old calpiers worked fine!
    They don't replace the calipers in the recall.
    2008 KTM 525XC

They told me they did? Well I guess if they didn't they will now ha ha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast