Thread: Ever make your own tackle?

Ever make your own tackle?

Has anyone ever made their own fishing lures?

I mostly fish with jigs and since I go through so many in a season , and them being quite expensive , I was thinking of buying a kit that allows you to make your own. It's basically the mould for the jigs and then you buy the lead and hooks. Was wondering if anyone has made their own and if they found it to be quite easy or a PITA.
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

me an my brother used to tie flys that was alot of fun because you could figure out which worked better while your fisshing
    400ex

Since I'm pretty handy in the wood working department I was thinking about carving lures that looked like the Rapala Jointed lures.
    Bikeless.

I use to make my own sinkers. I was also making my own maxi-balls for my muzzleloader so I had everything except the mold.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by ZeroLogic
    Since I'm pretty handy in the wood working department I was thinking about carving lures that looked like the Rapala Jointed lures.
    I was actually watching a DVD out of a package a fishing lodge sent me , and the guy was actually using about 4" pieces of old broken hockey sticks in order to make lures for pike fishing. He rounded the edges a bit , sanded down the front to make a bit of a tongue , put in a few screw in swivels and hooks , painted them up and was landing huge pike off them.
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

ive made a few lures.they worked pretty good.just took little pieces of wood,and cut them to shape and used the belt sander to finsh them.then just paint them up.and go fishin/in the summer i fish or ride everyday.
    04 KX250F XC race bike!
    04 CR125 XC ready FOR SALE!$2000
    03 RM85 Fully Built FOR SALE!$1500

haha i did with a feather and a rubber grub caught my buddy right in the balls and it fell apart :[

but for real beer caps clamped on bit bass hooks work AMAZING!! bud ligh in partickular coors and sam adams honey ale caps are great to!