Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HDR photographs - cool HD pic's here - post up your HDR pic's

how much do you over expose and under expose

Start by doing a full stop over and under, you can even do several stops over/under etc then try using different numbers of images for differing effects.

start -1 0 +1

or -2 -1 0 +1 +2

Its like anything, if you go ahead and do a -2 and +2 you will have them if needed.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

pAppy you sir are correct, seems like you know a thing or two about HDR, and photography all together. im mak400ex's son, the one who taking all the pics, ive had my camera (Olympus E-510) for about a year or so now, still relatively new to the world of photography. not really new to the world of photoshop and photo editing software though. so that helps. but you should post up some of your pictures man, id love to see them.

here are a few more of mine,

all together i've probably only done aobut 10-15 hdr images. so im still learning!
    2006 400EX
    2005 400EX - sold : (

2006 450R:
    Yoshimura RS7 Full System, HRC cam/kit, 165 Main, Sparks air filter, Elka Triple rate, GT Thunder rear shock rebuild with XC GT link, Holeshot 20" rear 21" front, ITP Baja wheels, Moose front bumper, Tusk Nerfs, Pro Armor grab bar, Houser +2 A-arms, Lonestar +1 Anti-vibe Steering stem, CCP steering stabilizer, Pro Taper SE - high handlebars, MSR shorty clutch lever, Pro Taper grips, Yoshimura Graphics, Mod quad shifter, DG brake lever.

Here is one I just processed using Photomatix

+1 0 -1 -2

I only used one exposure at +1 because the highlights would have blown out

yea. i never really mess with stuff like this. its real big in the car picture scene on vw forums. i should try it out sometime.

oh and i went out and took some more pictures today in the snow/ice, so when im stuck at home tomorrow ill get them edited and posted up.
    2006 400EX

2006 450R:
    Yoshimura RS7 Full System, HRC cam/kit, 165 Main, Sparks air filter, Elka Triple rate, GT Thunder rear shock rebuild with XC GT link, Holeshot 20" rear 21" front, ITP Baja wheels, Moose front bumper, Tusk Nerfs, Pro Armor grab bar, Houser +2 A-arms, Lonestar +1 Anti-vibe Steering stem, CCP steering stabilizer, Pro Taper SE - high handlebars, MSR shorty clutch lever, Pro Taper grips, Yoshimura Graphics, Mod quad shifter, DG brake lever.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
    [B]Here is one I just processed using Photomatix

+1 0 -1 -2

I only used one exposure at +1 because the highlights would have blown out

good pic pappy! looks like a few i took here today, with the ice and sunset and what not.

how long have you been taking pictures?
    2006 400EX

2006 450R:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mak400ex
    [B]

how long have you been taking pictures?
    Longer then you have been alive

LOL! i dont doubt that, i just turned 18.

so do you have anymore? or maybe a link to a portfolio? i'd love to sneak a peak at what your style is.
    2006 400EX

2006 450R:

No style here, pretty straight forward photography

Here is an image i tone mapped from sunday. It was a grab shot of a friend of mine hunkered down in a blind as he was taking pictures of ducks. I missed the ducks asthey flew in front of him and really did not take the time to make the best exposure I could as I just happened to see the ducks heading hsi way and it was a snap judgement to shoot.

By tone mapping, I was able to pull in the highlights and make a decent image for his memory book It was in the teens with a stout wind so I wasnt worrying much about being perfect!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast