Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got fronts, do I need rear?

got fronts, do I need rear?

I've got some works tripple rate w/rezzies on the way
    for my 400ex. How will it handle with the stock rear?
    If I need to get rid of the stock rear, would I be o.k
    to get the elka rebuild for it? how much.
    Thanks,
    R/T
    red '01 400ex, power bomb header pipe, power tip, PEP tripple rates with rezzies, billet shifter and brake levers, K and N filter, outerwares airbox lid. rtc clutch lever.

yellow '01 400ex, rtc clutch and brake levers, brake block off, renthal bars, ez thumb throttle, pep steering dampner, K and N filter, outerwares airbox lid. works triple rates with rezzies.

'59 manx, 1915cc, engle 120 cam, 041 heads with s/s valves, 8 dowel c/w crank, as41 full flow case, heavy duty oil pump, external oil cooler, ceramic coated headers, close ratio shifter, kennedy 1700lb clutch.

'71 baja 2276, dual 44 webers.

The rear stock is good but should be re-valved according to several people that I've talked to.

u should be fine with just fronts. the only time u really need a rear is if u get sagging shocks and even then people dont changte rears

if ya got the cash just get a rear works shock. but if only got like $300 get an elka revalve by quadshop
    '04 YFZ SOLD
    '86 250R SOLD

'07 CRF25OR. Yoshi carbon dual pipe.

Quadless, new hobby: Lift till tommrow

Thanks guys, I think I'll run the stock rear next year and
    see how it goes. If I don't like it, I'll either get it revalved
    or get a new one.
    Thanks.
    R/T
    red '01 400ex, power bomb header pipe, power tip, PEP tripple rates with rezzies, billet shifter and brake levers, K and N filter, outerwares airbox lid. rtc clutch lever.

yellow '01 400ex, rtc clutch and brake levers, brake block off, renthal bars, ez thumb throttle, pep steering dampner, K and N filter, outerwares airbox lid. works triple rates with rezzies.

'59 manx, 1915cc, engle 120 cam, 041 heads with s/s valves, 8 dowel c/w crank, as41 full flow case, heavy duty oil pump, external oil cooler, ceramic coated headers, close ratio shifter, kennedy 1700lb clutch.

you should be fine with the stock, it costs about $300 to have it revalved and differant springs and whatnot and myself I ended up hating the rebuilt stock shock and buying aftermarket anyways. Waste of $300.
    Dustin Hofert #17

riding pics

Good info.
    Thanx,
    R/T

Run the stock rear, but make sure that you have the sag set for you.

Spring tension?

how much do those works shocks cost and where did you order them from?
    2002 yellow 400ex-k&n filter,jet kit,pro circuit pipe,wb rev box,hot cam stage 1, 11.1 piston,renthal bars,ac bumper,douglas rims and shredder tires,trail tech computer,parking brake block off,just added shaved front fenders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast