Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kymco 50cc carb problems

Kymco 50cc carb problems

My 6 year old daughter has a kymco 50 2 stroke that seems to have no power until the carb clears out. Only problem with that is when it does clear out it takes off and she is still getting use to riding on a mx tracks. So I took the carb apart and it has a 92 main jet in it which i assume is alittle to big. I just bought the quad about 3 months ago from I guy we race with and he switch a bunch of stuff before I bought it so I know he will no help to me.
    If any one has any ideas on how to stop the carb from loading up please let me know. Thank you

That quad does not have the adjustable needle in the carb like most do unless he changes the carb. Is it still oil injected or premixed? The main is fine, we ran a 100. What type of air filteration are you running?
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2000 Monsoon 90 (Hybrid Project)
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    Lethal Quads and Lethal Mini Parts ...DRR NATION!!!
    www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/KingRacing/
    www.myspace.com/ww228king
    http://g-forcepowersports.com/
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

It is oil injected, it has to stay that way for our stock 50cc class. It has a uni 2 stage filter on it.

Check the cable going to the oil injector and makle sure it is not adjusted out too far.. first pull the spark pllug and see what color it is... is it the stock carb?
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

On ours... we let it warm up for about 3 mins or so then he would have to run it wide open down a straight way to get it leaned out... then after that, it was good to go...
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

one more thing to ask.... are you sure it is the carb that is giving you trouble or is the clutching set with a high stall.... we love running a high stall in these things...
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

I will pull the spark plug out tomorrow and check it. Did you have a manual choke or the eletric choke. I unpluged mine and it seemed the same. Yes it is the stock carb. I already installed 5.5 gram rollers which made it better. Were do find the rear main spring for the back clutch. it is not the same as my sons 70cc extreme which is 1500

ok..so you are use to the CVT stuff...
    Yes our was the auto choke....
    and for the torq spring, we used a 2000RPM that the other quads use... it looks long but it will fit, you have to take out a little spacer that is back there too, you will see it when you take it apart... it looks totally different that the normal Jog enigne... like the starter and fly wheel deal... KYMCO made theirs with out all that hunk of metal on the shaft... KYMCO just used the variator with teeth and the bottom mounted starter hard the spring spline in it so no extra weight was on the crank shaft, just the variator and roller weights.... that might be why my sons 70 was almost as fast as his new DRX 90...

Check the plug and you might be starving for gas and not loading up... i don't know how it runs too good with that type of filter and only a 92 jet... but I guess it depends on the level of where you live.... one other thing, are you running a stock pipe?
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

we live in good old minnesota. I tried to put a 1500 spring on it would not fit . do you have to force it on? What type of filter and size jet should I use? I am running a stock pipe. Do you mean the little sleeve that sits in the torq spring?

it will be tight ... yeah take that little sleeve out and it should be ... if i remember right.. it should be another slider thingy in there too... the 1500 will be a good start if you don't want alot of jerking on her... it is a b****h to get in, but it will go... good luck on finding a pipe for it... I spoke to Mr. Wentz a couple weeks ago and I think he told me that he had a pipe or two left over that they ran... but you will not find a good pipe from anywhere.... I had to make ours out of a DRR pipe... we tryed the Desert Toys and it sucked big time.. also run the 1500 or 2000 clutch springs... you might have week ones in there now and that might be causing some bog along with a weak torq spring....
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast