Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: foam air filter

foam air filter

is there a foam air filter kit that has a foam filter that is actually held on by a hose clamp or something. i have a velocty intake now an i hate the filters because it falls apart so fast. dont like spending 50 bucks every couple of months because of bad designing. i also dont want the fuel atv intake because i want to keep my air box. any suggestions?

pro design makes a foam kit....its great.
    06 honda 450r
    dasa pipe
    fox shoxs
    houser

hey man I have the same filter velosity is sh** ,I'm about to go with uni foam filter for now but by march I'm going to go with the walsh (huge) intake box out I here it's good just like fuelatv intake
    dont piss me off just take ur place an ride _Toys: 06 LTr450 pro armor nerfs, protaper bars, msd pc, yoshi rs5 slip-on, itp rims, stg 1 hotcam, with more to come...

i run foam Uni 05 Honda TRX 450 air filters. they give you more surface area than the LTR filters and nothing gets through them. the power gain that you might notice from a paper filter isn't worth the valve jobs that come with it.

you could always get a k&n replacement filter that uses the stock air box design

there is a place on ebay that sells the pro design kit for like 85 bucks the cheapest ive seen. XCBOBS PARTS AND ACCESORIES INC. is the name of the place.
    06 honda 450r
    dasa pipe
    fox shoxs
    houser

thanks for the feedback. not sure what to do yet

i definitely do not recommend the factory size K&N. I just switched back to a UNI foam filter because errrverytime i removed my K&N there was always a good bit of dust in my intake tube. Makes me nervous

i wont go k&n ever. i was also wondering if the pro design filter would fit on the velocity flange. can anyone answer that

I've had very good luck with the Uni. Running a well maintained $27 Uni foam filter with the airbox lid off gives my LTR more than enough air with very little restriction (this is with a full Yosh RS-7 and Cherry Bomb). I even filled the air box up with muddy slime from a pool of water that had collected on the downhill side of a jump on the trail I was riding and it didn't even come close to choking the Uni. A quick spray of cleaner and a rinse and it was good as new. I tried a K&N, way overpriced and not worth the risk of letting small particles through.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast