Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone know of a swingarm extension kit like they have for a-arms?

anyone know of a swingarm extension kit like they have for a-arms?

I was thinking about extending my swingarm +1 or +2 due to the light front end and power delivery... Anyone know if they make a bolt on kit? The extended swingarms are crazy expensive.
    Speed Freak
    2008 TRX 700xx IRS

well i dont know of any tho but my friend cut his swingarm in the middle and put in a 2 inch spacer that he made out of metal and then he welded it right back up, and the welds never broke or anything but idk if you want to hack apart your swingarm
    02 honda recon(sold and missed)

03 400ex sold

04 honda foreman 27' super swampers
    04 f350 diseal super duty crew cab
    96 blazer 4.3l

Tyler

AIM- ferrari1569

Originally posted by quads14589
    well i dont know of any tho but my friend cut his swingarm in the middle and put in a 2 inch spacer that he made out of metal and then he welded it right back up, and the welds never broke or anything but idk if you want to hack apart your swingarm
    I've done this before. It can be a sound setup (for trail riding, hillclimbing) as long as have someone do it that knows what they are doing. They tend to crack if you do any kind of jumping.

I just can't imagine ever riding a machine hard that I had cut apart, lengthened, and welded back together. Its worth the 400-600 bucks to me to just buy an aftermarket one i guess.
    2001 400ex
    2003 Argo Bigfoot

i doubt they make an ext kit. unless theres a way to lengthen then subframe, i dont see how it could work. as far as welding spacer in, as long as the swingarm was chromoly and you could reinforce the inside and made the metal bond well then id trust it. but like it was said above, you gotta have someone that knows what theyre doing.
    Paradox Motorsports - Morristown, OH

I used to be a D12 racer... then we got screwed over.

AIM - Donda450R

"Never take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive."
    ~Van Wilder

'06 450R MX

This has gotta be one of the dumbest requests I've heard in some time

Why do you say that? I wanted a longer swingarm but didnt want to shell out $500.. I was also considering the 450r swinger but need to educate myself on the install process (link vs no link).

How about you stay off the thread unless you have valuable input.
    Speed Freak
    2008 TRX 700xx IRS

Well there is no such thing as "extending" your A-Arms. You buy ones that are longer. Same with the swingarm.

Originally posted by Balaz_73*00
    Well there is no such thing as "extending" your A-Arms. You buy ones that are longer. Same with the swingarm.

You can buy different mounting brackets to "extend" the a-arms. He was simply asking if there was a kit like this for the swingarm, so unless you have anything else to contribute gtfo!

And Dbc, i've never seen anything like that but i know you can put a 400ex rear end on which to me sounds a little safer than cutting and re welding your stocker. All you have to do is mount on the tabs for the linkage and you have a much improved rear end over stock. I'm not positive but i also believe you can run the 300ex carrier/axle with the 400ex swinger.. Someone correct me if im wrong though
    10' RMZ 450

I remember seeing swingarm extension kits for the Banshee and Blaster in the ads of old Dirtwheels and 4Wheel ATV Action's, but thats been a while ago. The way it looked, it was just a bolt on kit that moved the bearing carrier back like 1 or 2 inches.
    '07 YFZ 450 Special Edition
    AC Blackline Bumper
    Sedona Slingshots
    Kenda Klaw MXF's
    G-Force Axle
    DG nerfs

J Clay #9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast