While I was in Florida (actually was in Georgia) I spy'd an Eagle that had just taken down another type of bird. By the time I picked my way to him in a position where I could see him and the light was favorable, he had eaten quite a bit of it.

I geuss some time went by while he was ripping this thing apart and I was focused intently on him because I wanted to catch him when he flew off. I infact was so focused that I never noticed the gator that was less then 20 yards to my right. Not sure if he was there when I snuck up or emerged after I had taken up a spot. I wasn't leaving until I had a chance at that Eagle!

Finally, the small birds around the Eagle pestered him enough that he took flight and I was able to catch him as he flew off. This was my first chance at photographing an Eagle that gave me a half decent set up and while not perfect, I was pretty stoked to have captured what I have here.

The gator that was way to close for me. After the Eagle left, I back tracked and came back above the gator to get a shot of him, but I couldnt back up enough to get him all in the shot and I wasnt going to get closer