Thread: Inner rotor ignition

Inner rotor ignition

I'm going to run a inner rotor ignition on our project quad very soon. I was told the stock 50 E-ton adjustable CDI was an unlimited rev CDI when set at position 4 on the adjustment dial. Is this information correct? The E-ton CDI goes from 0-4. I though we might be able to get by with the stock CDI until the inner rotor kit is back in stock. I never put money into something that isn't long term as I don't like playing part of the month. I used to though! Young and dumb! Just kidding guys! Thanks for any and all help!

Brad

BMP Racing

I can't seem to find the document describing the RPM ranges, but I vividly remember 0 being 1500 RPM, and 4 being 9500 RPM.

the 70 had a 0 to 7 range and from 4 to 7, there was no noticeable difference in RPM. I put a pipe on it at 7 and the 100 ft times decreased, but the top speed stayed the same. I bought an unlimited CDI box and with the pipe the little motor would scream.

I had my eton CDI maxed out and it was breaking up at high rpm. I felt the CDI was the problem. I ended up putting an aftermarket CDI on it with unlimited rev and it came alive. The mid range feels way stronger as well. Thanks for the reply!

Brad

cdi

go to a stock kasea cdi they have no rev limit and are cheap
    Erik Havert Racing

Sponsors:
    WRH Racing, Team Harper, Durablue, M2R, Blingstar, Bel Ray, Boyseen, Moore Racing, EVS, Scott, Hooligans Cycle, TD Customs, Rebel Gears, Elka, Penton Racing, RK Chains, Team Misfits, and Fierce Powersports