Thread: brute force sit, now wont start. (help?)

brute force sit, now wont start. (help?)

just got an 07 750 brute force. the old man had it about a year and put 5 hours on it with the same fuel in it. then it sit for 6 months, again with the same fuel. it will hit and run for about a second then die again. i put new plugs in it and it didnt help. the gas smells old. i know i have to change the gas but will i need to replace the injectors? fuel pump? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

UPDATE... it is an 06 not an 07. and it is a carb. changed out the old gas and tried, i can even spray fuel straight into the carbs and nothing changes. still just hits once in a while but will not start. ran the battery down 4 times already. suggestions?

efi started in '08. Pull the carbs apart and clean them. make sure all the old fuel is flushed out.

In the owners manual it says if you are having problems starting to switch the fuel switch from run to pri. Take off the seat and look under the smaller computer and there you will find the switch I am referring to.

Sounds like you just need to pull the carbs apart and clean out the jets. When machines sit that long, the fuel can start to leave varnish deposits that can clog the main jets. Clean the carb, dump the fuel and put fresh in. You can also check your fuel pump by just taking off the fuel line and turning on the key to see if it's pumping. But I'm guessing you just have dirty carbs.
    Jarrod Sheets
    FD Racing
    Thank you to my sponsers: HMF, Fasst Co., Spider Grips, DynaFS, Thede Photography, Hornung Cycle, C&D Racing

There's no electric fuel pump in a carb'ed brute

Turn the fuel switch to the pri position then on the carbs on the right hand side is a primer. keep pumping it until you feel it start to pump. hit the starter and it should go if not give it a pump while cranking engine over
    Fast or Last