Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 400ex to z400?

Also, don't forget that most 450s do not have reverse, which is a nice feature if you ride trails a lot.
    Thanks to my 2008 & 2009 Sponsor: Ben Decker with ProAction of KC. If you want a killer motor or suspension for a good price, he is your man.

MySpace URL: www.myspace.com/zracer16

Nothing wrong with a 400EX, but as mentioned earlier, I don't think your gonna find many thats gonna trade a DVX/KFX/Z for a Honda.
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

i am never going to buy a quad with reverse, never had one never will, i go forward not backwards

whoops, does the z400 have reverse? please say no.

I could say no, but I would be lying. Having reverse can get you out of some sticky situations, trust me I have had quads with and without reverse and it really helps to have it.
    Thanks to my 2008 & 2009 Sponsor: Ben Decker with ProAction of KC. If you want a killer motor or suspension for a good price, he is your man.

MySpace URL: www.myspace.com/zracer16

Originally posted by buck440
    i just figured a 400 would be cheaper on parts than a 450 and a 400 would leave me a little extra money than paying all for a 450 cause stock sucks balls OO
    With the way the economy is, its great to be a buyer. There are lots of used 450s out there selling for cheap. You will see an improvement either way, just more with a 450. I have been very happy with my kfx400 but it is about time for an upgrade to another orange quad!

Originally posted by ADTR14
    With the way the economy is, its great to be a buyer. There are lots of used 450s out there selling for cheap. You will see an improvement either way, just more with a 450. I have been very happy with my kfx400 but it is about time for an upgrade to another orange quad!

yah sad thing about buying a new quad is that the value drops fast afterwards. Im sure there are plenty of 450s for 5k or less now.. or i could be wrong. I got my 06 KFX400 for 4,500.00 and now its not even worth that and i bought it used in may of 08!!!

a reverse is good to have.. espeically if youre stuck and you dont feel like picking it up and pushing or pulling it. just get to 1st and then reverse and done... oppose to getting off the quad.. lift.. push.. get back on.. shift and go... reverse doesnt drag your timing.. it actually quicker than getting off the quad and getting it out.
    04 GMC 1500 Sierra
    STOCK

06 Kawasaki KFX400
    ITP Mud Lite SP (rear)
    Dunlop (front)
    Outerwear
    Quadworks
    Dynojets
    Two Brothers Racing
    OverRev Meter
    1/2 inch bigger front sprocket
    1.5 inch spacers on all wheels

The reverse is great as long as you are able to overide the reverse rev limiter. Your not getting unstuck from anything with that rev limiter in place. I learned that the hard way at my first harescramble race. Now, I just dump the clutch and let the Razor2's do their job.
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

thats what i like to hear

man im in the same boat as you buck440 i found a guy that wants to trade a 03 z400 for my 04 400ex but i dont know if i should do it
    1986 250r
    carbon fiber look plastic
    candy blue frame
    custom axis front shocks
    gtthunder rebuilt rear
    lsr +2+1 a arms
    +4 lsr axle
    pwr rad
    cv4 hoses
    asvs
    fmf gold series
    blinstar ironcross