Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need your input on my son

Ride1Rob

We live in Tampa and are always looking for places to race. Just curious where the race was. That was a pretty good turn-out. The SSQSA and Dade City don't get that many kids on the gate other than 50's
    Sold the quads so not as ....
    Broke parents of Jordan Gibson #8

Learners permit on a YZ125
    2012 Youth Champion Dade City Mx
    Lonestar 250r with crf250r engine

It was Bartow's Quad points series opener. There were different sized bikes of miniquads all on the gate. From what I hear about DadeCity it's stacked with kids on the line. Went online and looked at the race results and there are over 20 kids listed for points. A few of those are 1&2 time racers. You guys should come out to the next race on the 31st.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Ya we have been to Bartow a few times...nice track. Dade City does have a good turn out for the smaller quads...up to 90 stock, but when you get to the 90 mods and shifters it get to be only 3 or 4.
    Sold the quads so not as ....
    Broke parents of Jordan Gibson #8

Learners permit on a YZ125
    2012 Youth Champion Dade City Mx
    Lonestar 250r with crf250r engine

Yeah a big reason for that is because they have a "stock appearing" class that the motors are modded all to hell. They asked me at the race this weekend if there were mods and I told them yeah. The motor is fine but bc of the exhaust and the Elka's my sons bike went into the moddified class. I'm sure that's why those classes are stacked like that at Dade City. It really didn't bother me as I told the owner that my son looked forward to racing with the other kids. Also, a friend of mine brought his son to race and my boy was looking forward to racing with him as well. It all worked out because he had fun. He's bugging me to take him for practice this Saturday .

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

your son

rob give your son a HI FIVE for me good job little man and rember with god on your side anythings possible:

Originally posted by catfish66
    rob give your son a HI FIVE for me good job little man and rember with god on your side anythings possible:

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

Nicely done for a first race.

My kids race at Dade City and the Dual A arm 90cc class had 15 riders on the line. It was my son's first time on a DRR (had a fully stock Predator last year) and he was pulling fifth in the second moto before he got tangled up in a crash with the leaders. I guess we have to work on looking further ahead. My daughter got squeezed in at the gate and ended up nose to nose with another quad so her race was blown. Hopefully we'll have better luck this week.

Originally posted by jervis961
    Nicely done for a first race.

My kids race at Dade City and the Dual A arm 90cc class had 15 riders on the line. It was my son's first time on a DRR (had a fully stock Predator last year) and he was pulling fifth in the second moto before he got tangled up in a crash with the leaders. I guess we have to work on looking further ahead. My daughter got squeezed in at the gate and ended up nose to nose with another quad so her race was blown. Hopefully we'll have better luck this week.
    I was considering Dade City but I like the atmosphere at Bartow. Will let him get more experience up there and then we'll see what happens. Dade City has a nice # of quads but I've been hearing for years that it's a one line track. Who ever gets the holeshot will more than likely win and the following order the same. Hope we can get the kids out together sometime. Where are you located?

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

I'm in Citrus County.

Dade City is a bit of a ride but that's where friends went so we followed them. My kids have been riding for less that a year and both started on Stock Polaris bikes (expensive lessons were learned).

My daughter upgraded to a DRR late last year and got bunched into the Apex class. Her first race she was pulling third when she blew her transmission because she kept the throttle pegged. The next race night (last of the series) she was pulling fourth and hit a rut in the track and rolled it 3 - 4 times. Now we are working to rebuild her confidence back up. The bad thing about Dade city that night was that they let all the large bikes on the track before the kids and the track was tore up really bad. I'm hoping things improve this year or we will be leaving.

My son wasn't really into it last year but we got him a DRR during the off season. He really perked up once he had something that could compete so I'm excited to see what he does this year.

Even though the DBL A arm 90cc class had 15 riders it shouldn't be that busy all season as some of them were there only because SSQSA was the next day and the track ran a weekend special. The single A arm 90cc class only had about 5 riders and the mods were about the same size.

Whoever gets the hole shot is more likely to win but that isn't always the case. Finish order of the first moto then determines the line up for the second moto. How does Bartow work it?

Bartows track is nice and has many places to make passes. The track doesn't get rutted up because there aren't many big bikes there racing. I have yet to see any kids get tangled up or go down because they lost control. But also theren't aren't as many bikes so the track is not as crowded. The kids get ALOT of track time after the races because there aren't many dirt bikes or big quads. The heats go by pretty quick as a result. Racing starts around 6:30 and around 8:15ish we're wrapping it up. The track then opens up for for 5lap practice sessions. I really get time to see my son actually ride/race rather than running around playing. It's a very laid back atmosphere and all the track personnel are very helpful to the kids and the parents.

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works