Thread: 90 scrambler bogging

90 scrambler bogging

Hey guys,
    I wanted to see if anyone could help with my problem. I have a 2001 90 Scrambler that probably has more sit time than any in the country. It used to run great but has been bogging lately and I am not sure where to start. It will idle fine all day and if you accelerate slowly (on stand) it will probably get to about 7000 RPMs before it starts to bog. If you nail the throttle right from idle it also bogs to the point that it wants to cut off. I have a new fuel filter coming and will try to replace it tonight but want to see where I can go if this doesn't work.

Thanks

When our 90 stumbled nailing the throttle off-idle, there was some crap in the carb. I cleaned the pilot jet and main jet and it ran like new.
    2001 Polaris Scrambler 90
    2004 Suzuki LT50
    2002 Suzuki LT50
    FTR Powersports

polaris bogging

i just had the same problem with an apex, it was doing everything you just said. had the carb cleaned, changed plug, cleaned air filter nothing worked. replaced the variator weights and solved the problem completetly

We had a similar problem with a 2002 scrambler 90, it would run fine for about a minute then bog down,Changed the filter and cleaned the carb and no change.Changed the fuel line and problem was solved(line seemed to have a kink in it). then a month later it would idle but if given a quick throttle boost would bog ,we were camping so I sprayed some carb cleaner in it and it works fine again,though I think I will put a fuel filter in line since I forgot when changing the line.