Thread: 2008 Sportsman 400 HO Winching question

2008 Sportsman 400 HO Winching question

I am about to install a winch on my 400 HO. One thing I have been wondering about is whether to use what appears to be a potential hook point for a return from a snatch block that is located on the lower part of the silver front end piece.

The piece I am referring to almost looks like trim, but it also appears pretty solidly mounted to the main frame of the quad. The short horizontal bar looks to have been designed for at least tie down straps for hauling, but I wonder about using them for two point winching operation. Has anyone had experience with using the bar I am referring to?

The local dealer thought it was Ok to use it but I didn't detect a firm sense of confidence in the reply. Thanks.

...Bob

Is the bar welded in or is it bolted in? If its the bar I am thinking of you should be ok
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Originally posted by Pappy
    Is the bar welded in or is it bolted in? If its the bar I am thinking of you should be ok
    It's welded to the bottom of the "V" bumper looking thing that runs up alongside the headlights. At the very bottom, where the bar is welded in, the whole setup is bolted to the frame. I'll try to post a picture. I think you are right, it looks fairly solid.

thanks for the reply.

...Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images