Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 90cc carb selection for trail setup

90cc carb selection for trail setup

At some point (probably sooner than later), I'm going to want to ditch the stock carb on our Scrambler and swap on a larger carb.

If you remember from my previous threads, we're not building a race quad, but rather an aggressive woods/trail riding setup. We will be running a pump-gas friendly 54mm ported cylinder with the Hetrick pipe.

I've read through a lot of threads on here and it seems a lot of guys are running either 24mm or 28mm carbs with a setup similar to ours. However, I'm more concerned about throttle response and low-mid range torque than top-end.

More isn't always better, so I don't want to over-carb this thing and have it be lazy on the bottom, so I was leaning more towards a 24mm carb. It's my understanding that we'll need a different intake and probably have to run a clamp-on air filter (much to my dislike). I run stock, closed airboxes w/ good air filters on all our quads simply because of the amount of mud, dust and water we ride in.

Thoughts or suggestions on carb selection would be appreciated! Remember, throttle response and low to mid-range torque is what we're after.

PS: What size is the anemic stock 90 carb?
    2001 Polaris Scrambler 90
    2004 Suzuki LT50
    2002 Suzuki LT50
    FTR Powersports

16 mm stock

Well it should be an 16 mm carb and the 24 is for more torque as a 28 will be better on top thats what I have always been told. 28 gulps the fuel more fuel and the 24 should be really responsive for you. I have a really nice 24 oko power jet for sale and lowered the price in for sale section thats works for your application just to give you heads up. WVSPEEDFREAK has a DRR stock intake as its the same as the koso so if you could get that off him it should do you pretty good. add a uni filter and outerwear and you will be fine.

Re: 16 mm stock

Originally posted by tgcheeseman
    Well it should be an 16 mm carb and the 24 is for more torque as a 28 will be better on top thats what I have always been told. 28 gulps the fuel more fuel and the 24 should be really responsive for you. I have a really nice 24 oko power jet for sale and lowered the price in for sale section thats works for your application just to give you heads up. WVSPEEDFREAK has a DRR stock intake as its the same as the koso so if you could get that off him it should do you pretty good. add a uni filter and outerwear and you will be fine.
    I think I've read posts where people have said to throw the oko carbs out into a lake Or do I have the oko confused with a different brand?
    2004 Suzuki LT50
    2002 Suzuki LT50
    FTR Powersports

OKO 24

oko are not bad carburators they are manufactered on Keihin carbs but not quite the quality its just peoples opions as everyone has one we only run the oko on our quad i dont think a keihin would make a difference on how it runs now!! JMO

pmed you

i pmed you

dwhst9...I got your pm but you need to empty your mailbox.

Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
    dwhst9...I got your pm but you need to empty your mailbox.
    Thanks, I cleared out some space in my inbox.
    2004 Suzuki LT50
    2002 Suzuki LT50
    FTR Powersports

Thanks again

I will ship out the carb first thing in morning and send you conformation on it thanks again dwhst9 , Toby

Re: Thanks again

Originally posted by tgcheeseman
    I will ship out the carb first thing in morning and send you conformation on it thanks again dwhst9 , Toby
    Your inbox is full. Just ship it to my PayPal shipping address.

Thanks!
    -Dave
    2004 Suzuki LT50
    2002 Suzuki LT50
    FTR Powersports

address

ok now its cleaned out go ahead and send it to me now thanks , toby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast