Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kymco info wanted

70cc kitted Mongoose
    Attached Images Attached Images
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2000 Monsoon 90 (Hybrid Project)
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    Lethal Quads and Lethal Mini Parts ...DRR NATION!!!
    www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/KingRacing/
    www.myspace.com/ww228king
    http://g-forcepowersports.com/
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

OH and I almost forgot what really brought the baby to life...
    I used a stock DRR 50 Works pipe and modified it to fit on the Mongoose... that really made it alive. I tried a Desert Toyz pipe but it lost on the bottom end big time...
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

ww228king thanks for all the info its nice to know if you ask that people will take there time and help you out. Hopefully I am not asking to many redundant questions. All the info is great and helps alot right now my daughter has only given flat track racing a try as she is not quite interested in the MX stuff yet as she says. What type of front a arm setup were you running? I've seen the Rath conversions for the Polaris minis, was it similar? I know that you need to run longer shocks to got to a long travel front end did you feel that it was a big enough improvement over a std travel?

Originally posted by Hutchracer
    ww228king thanks for all the info its nice to know if you ask that people will take there time and help you out. Hopefully I am not asking to many redundant questions. All the info is great and helps alot right now my daughter has only given flat track racing a try as she is not quite interested in the MX stuff yet as she says. What type of front a arm setup were you running? I've seen the Rath conversions for the Polaris minis, was it similar? I know that you need to run longer shocks to got to a long travel front end did you feel that it was a big enough improvement over a std travel?
    well,, i do know that the lower a-arms on the Mongoose will interchange with other minis (polaris scrambler, polaris sportsman, eton, and a few more...not kasea unless you are changing the spindles) We ran single a-arms and would have went with the dual set-up, but I knew that he would be growning out of the quad soon and I was gonna get another... so I didn't spend anymore into it.. plus he was winning with what he had.... the dual a-arms is an improvement over the singles, but for Flat Track and TT i would not spend money in long travel because you will never use it... only in MX will long travel pay off... not too sure, but i am guessing that sence the lower a-arms interchanged that you could use the same dual a-arm kits that polaris scrambler and eton uses... the ones that I have seen are simple bolt-ons and look like you have some play to fine tune them... feel free to ask any other questions...
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

another guy that could really help you out big time is Mr. Wentz... his kids have been racing KYMCOs on flat tracks for a a while and they just won one of the Flat Track nationals on a KYMCO and by the pics that i have seen... they are running single a-arms... he was a member here and I have spoke to him on the phone several times... good guy.. if you look on the KYMCO USA web site.. you will see his kids on the factory sponsor page...and thier quads.... you can try to look back at old KYMCO postings and find his name on here and shot him a PM... the name had Wentz in it... they have won a lot of nationals on KYMCO quads
    #426 Josh King
    2009 G-Force DRX LC 90
    2002 Yamaha Blaster
    www.drrnation.com
    www.wilmingtongrill.com
    www.edwardsinc.com
    www.kiddmade.com
    ww228king@aol.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12