Thread: air filter/ air box

air filter/ air box

right now i have the stock filter on it and im thinking bout replacing it with a uni ive heard really good things bout them and seem to have to real complaints that ive heard have you guys had success with them or and back draws. also i want to get a k&n powerlid with a drycharger on it...i was going to just drill some holes in the back of my lid but where i live there is alot of mud most of the time and standing water and i was afraid of water getting in the airbox and staying in there so has anyone heard anything of how the powerlid with the drycharger works and maybe how the powerlid/uni combo works???
    2007 400ex
    big gun evo r slip on, jeted w/choke removed, ground header welds

If you ride through mud/water I would go with an outerwears airbox cover over a k&n. The outerwears is probably more water resistant than a gauze filter element.
    Black 05 400ex---risers, tag fat bars, renthal sprockets, um bumper, full chassis skid, tusk nerfs, custom pb blockoff, UNI filter, custom outerwears airbox lid, srp timing advance key, Jardine RT-4 slip-on, kfx450 shocks, spal fan, tusk d flex handguards, ccp stabilizer, gbc x-rex/ duro hook ups,

I've ran an EHS racing lid and UNI filter combo on my 416EX now for nearly two years and have never had any issues, with water intrusion running through large mud puddles and in heavy rain. I've done two trips to Glamis and the set up rocks! Just clean and oil the filter regularly and you'll be fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images