Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do i need?

Question what do i need?

ive been trying to budget and assemble all the stuff to upgrade 10.5:1 JE , Hotcam II, XR headgasket, 400ex Base gasket, pipe

but thats where it gets fuzzy, the nearest dealer is 45 min away, im going to get a friend to help me and make a weekend of it.

to get to the point what other gasket/parts will i need? i dont want to have to wait till the part comes in to put everything back together.

ive been trying to compile a list but i'd be very upset to leave her apart while i wait for a $3 seal or something.

thanks for the help

phil
    Red 02' 400EX Wiseco 11:1 Stk bore, Web Cam "Sturdivant" grind, HMF slip-on, ground header, 160MJ 42PJ screw-3 turns out, K&n, outerware, Sparks advance key, alum. diamond tread air box, aux. oilcooler, Arens nerfs, bling bling by Pappy

Red 04' 300EX HMF slip-on, K&n, outerware, Gt Thunder velocity stack

i think the other mods ul need, and will like the result of when they are put in are a wiseco piston, and quiksilver carb
    Yeah, I'm Fast. #7

450R
    Rossier Shortie, K&N Outerwears Prefilter, Airbox Lid Removed, DynoJet Stage 2 Jet Kit, ITP Holeshot MX Fronts, Razr's on HiPers, HiPer 8x8 for the rear, TAG T-2's, Renthal Grips, DG Propeg Nerfs, N-STYLE Backgrounds, Factory Effex Sticker Kit, Factory Effex Numbers #7, Burgard +1 Stem, Works Dual Rates in the Front, Works Quad Star in the rear, Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, AC Rear Number Plates, AC Front Bumper, Shockwears, Durablue +4 Axle

Thanks to NaWarhorse, Dennis Kirk for all their help with my parts!

"if you can read this, you're in second place.

oh and i forgot , my girlfriend got me a k&n/ and outerware for xmas ( i think she's a keeper ) and i'll need a jets

phil
    Red 02' 400EX Wiseco 11:1 Stk bore, Web Cam "Sturdivant" grind, HMF slip-on, ground header, 160MJ 42PJ screw-3 turns out, K&n, outerware, Sparks advance key, alum. diamond tread air box, aux. oilcooler, Arens nerfs, bling bling by Pappy

Keeper??? If she lets you drink a beer while she cleans your K&N then that is a keeper...LoL

BUMP

a 42 pilot, remove choke, cover for the hole where the choke arm was. 162-170main jets. 4th clip down on stock needle. exhaust gaskets(cooper rings)

top end gasket kit, oil and filter
    new spark plug
    case of beverage fo choice(wait you said weekend, make it 3 cases)

airboox vents

valve seals, getting your cylinder bored and honed. if your staying with stock bore just get it honed, your gonna have to press the broach of the stock cam and onto the hotcam

blue loctite(honda blue)

gn4 20-50 no hp for break-in
    hour meter is a good invest, mine was 40 four digital hour and tach.

pb block off, new perch and lever

that should be good for now
    when in doudt, GAS IT!

good, header gasket thats what im looking for i would not have thought of that for sure

top end gasket kit? what all does that include and where do i get it? honda?
    im sticking with stock so just honed, i will have access to a press
    valve seals? is that something i need or another suggestion like "new perch and lever"

where did you get the tach/hr meter?

thnks for the help

phil

one last bump

any more help?

thanks

phil

valve seals go underneath the spring on the valves. they keep oil from going into the combustion chamber. your dealer should have all this stocked or try www.servicehonda.com

i pm'd you about the tach.

you dont press on the seals there rubber. you press on the broach.

DO NOT USE THE EDgES OF THE BROACH to press off. it will brake. use the decompresser part
    when in doudt, GAS IT!

http://www.servicehonda.com/HARD%20P...mes%20page.htm

#1 is the valve seal

if you arder anything from here it will take at least 5 bus days
    when in doudt, GAS IT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast