Thread: Warn 424 Mounting Placement

Warn 424 Mounting Placement

Wanted to know if anyone doesn't like where their Warn 424 is mounted. If so, I just wanted to show a few pictures of where I mounted mine. It's not in the way and has the appearance of a stock part. I mounted it on the metal bracket of the fan. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good, I never really liked the looks of them mounted up top near the bars

Thank you. I appreciate it.

how was it to put in? Where did you get yours my buddy is thinking of getting one for his. Is it worth the money also? He wants to mount his up by the handlebars. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Hi Steve,

Well a friend actually installed it because I was nervous about doing it myself. He initially attached it to the front rack with a u-bolt. I noticed every time I would engage or disengage it, it would rotate up and down.

I didn't like it so I re-routed the wire and installed it to a metal bracket on the left side of the cooling fan. It gave it a more stock appearance and it works perfectly.

I bought mine from a place on the internet called www.atvpartsdepot.com. They are only $ 300.00. Everywhere else they were over 400.00

It is well worth the money. It is so much easier to handle and negotiate turns when you disengage it into 2 wheel drive.

I would tell him not to mount it up there being as it puts holes in the plastic which I'm sure would eventually tear.

Thanks,
    rj

thanks for the info I like the spot you have it! and does anyone have any first hand experience with installing this thing? thanks for any more help it is greatly appreciated. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

Just wanted to let you know. I checked the price at atvpartsdepot.com and it's they have actually raised the price.

I found another place www.atvoutfitters.net. It's only $289.00.

That's is a really good price.

I heard if you follow the directions it's about a 2 hour job.

rj

NICE thanks I will tell my buddy. I am sure we can get it in then. steve
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER