Thread: Removing plastics.

Removing plastics.

Ok please forgive me on this one. I just bought a 400ex and want to strip the plastics and give it a good wash so I can tear it down this winter. I don't know how to get the 4 black rivits out that hold the gas tank piece to the fenders. I don't want to break them so I wasn't to rough with them. My old warrior had all screws so these are new to me. How do I go about getting these out?
    2001 Honda 400EX | Houser +2 Steering Stem | Pro Taper Contour Bars & Scott Grips | Powermadd Star Series Handguards | MSR Easy Pull Clutch Lever | Maxxis Razr 2's | Full HMF Sport Exhaust | Sunstar 14/38 Sprockets | K&N Air Filter | Fram Oil Filter | Parking Brake Block Off | AC Blackline Pro Peg Nerfs | AC Swingarm Skid | AC Stadium Bumper | CFM Air Scoops | Tusk Gas Vent Hose | One Industries Graphics

I use a small flat head screwdriver and a pair of needlenose pliers. Just pop the middle part up and they should come out fairly easy.

Next time you're at your dealer, pick up a half dozen or so of them and keep them in your toolbox. They are cheap, and I always break or loose them.
    ~2006 Honda 400EX~
    AC Racing bumper
    AC Racing nerfs
    450r front suspension
    HMF black slip-on
    Uni air filter
    Originally posted by ltr450fly
    Just few hours ago at like 8pm some chick that knows my friend got my number just so she could tell me my cars awsome. No lie.

Side cuts work great, just get them under the edges and press in a little bit and they will pop right up and you can pull them out all in one motion. Just dont press to hard and cut them off.