Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New LT 50 and 90 choke

New LT 50 and 90 choke

Do the Suzukis use an electric choke the same as the KFX 50. My sons KFX 50 was in Kawi for almost a month and still stalls when you stab the throttle. Thanks......

I see in forums that the elec choke is a problem. Most choose to get another carb.
    The LT80's don't use a elec choke, I don't know about the Z90.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Yes, but the Kawi delear found the choke was out of range, replaced it, adjusted the valves, and cleaned the carb. Still stall when you stab it. Brought it the Kawi rep who stated a lot of them do that. They are giving it back, throwing in the towel. They will not even consider a different jet size. Thanks

Some dealers are difficult. If they don't know it, it isn't worth knowing.
    Once good and warm and there is no need to use the choke, and it still don't work correct, I would be looking at a jet change.
    It sounds like a plugged jet tho.
    I would think that the dealer would have made sure the jets were not plugged, but who knows. I suggest you clean the carb (again).
    FYI: your machine is a Kymco. Maybe that will help you find help.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Yes, once it is warm is when the problem comes in. If you stab the throttle it stalls or dies, it does not take off by any means. They took the carb apart and cleaned, said the jets were fine. I talked about changing the carb, but our warranty would be voided. At the same time, what is the point of the warranty if they cant fix it.

Here, I got a carb from this guy and Im still currently using it. This is for a CT70. This has the manual choke on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BCI-C...Q5fAccessories
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

I just checked that out. Is the 19mm going to be okay or should I check and see if he has a 16mm. I finally got the bike back, does not stall anymore, runs strong, but still hesitated when you stab the throttle. It is my better, but we have a DRR, Kasea and TRX 90, all of which do not hesitate when you stab the throttle.

Yea, check to see if he has a 16mm. 19mm might be an overkill for that, plus it might require a new throttle cable.
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

HEY

I Pmed You AirMobile101 tgcheeseman

PM'ED yea back
    OXC #247

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast