Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting new handlebars...

Getting new handlebars...

I've been looking into getting some new handlebars for my 05' 450r and everything I look at that I'm interested in, it seems that I won't be putting my handlebar cover with the ignition switch and temperature indicator back on.

Just wondering what others do, just wondering if I should just remove it all completely or relocate it.
    2005 TRX450R - Full FMF Exhaust w/Header Bomb, K&N Air Filter, and Stage 2 FMF Jet Kit.

get rid of it all and add a kill switch. makes everything so much easier.

i love my flexx bars also.
    2005 450r orange, Hiper, Elka, Houser, Maier, Zing, Hmf, Precision, you get the point :Sold

2004 400ex yellow, lsr, fox, maxxis, Renthal, Douglas, Hmf :Sold

2005 f-150, black, v8 4.6, xlt, 18" king ranch wheels.

Buy My Truck

If you can afford it, Flexx bars are the way to go. I will post a picture of my light location. I agree with getting rid of the key switch and adding a teather kill switch.

Don't know if this is the right way or not, but some of my buddies and I went riding one day and I forgot my key at the house. All I did was take the hood off and unplug the ignition switch plug and I was able to start it up. Is that really all there is to removing the switch?
    2005 TRX450R - Full FMF Exhaust w/Header Bomb, K&N Air Filter, and Stage 2 FMF Jet Kit.

You have to spilce the red and black wires together or the fan and lights won't work. I cut my key switch off and left most of the wire on the connector side, cutting it clsoe to the key switch. Then you splice the red and black wires together. The other 2 wires are green and black with a white stripe. They can be hook to a Pro-Design kill switch. Make sure you hook the green wire up to the wire that comes out of the metal of the switch and the black with a white stripe to the plunger. If you do it the oppisite way it will still work, but if you touch the metal on the switch you will get the shock of your life.

not to steal your thread, but i have an 07 e start. I want to get new handle bars and get rid of the key thing and the thing with the light switch on it.

My questions are how do i hook up a dirt bike kill switch as a starter, and which one to get.

How do i cut a hole to put the key in?

and im getting a hood and im getting rid of the lights so how do i disconnect them?
    2003 Maxima VQ35DE
    -------------------------
    Tint, System

Originally posted by BenHonda400ex
    Trombone.. And if someone calls me a Tromboner I will kick you in the nuts, that s*** get's annoying

Originally posted by WilRideAnything
    You have to spilce the red and black wires together or the fan and lights won't work. I cut my key switch off and left most of the wire on the connector side, cutting it clsoe to the key switch. Then you splice the red and black wires together. The other 2 wires are green and black with a white stripe. They can be hook to a Pro-Design kill switch. Make sure you hook the green wire up to the wire that comes out of the metal of the switch and the black with a white stripe to the plunger. If you do it the oppisite way it will still work, but if you touch the metal on the switch you will get the shock of your life.
    Thanks for the info. Also can somebody tell me what handlebar pullback is. I pretty sure I know what the differences are with height, end height, and sweep but don't understand what pull back is. Kinda sounds like the samething as sweep to me.

Originally posted by exrider12
    not to steal your thread, but i have an 07 e start. I want to get new handle bars and get rid of the key thing and the thing with the light switch on it.

My questions are how do i hook up a dirt bike kill switch as a starter, and which one to get.

How do i cut a hole to put the key in?

and im getting a hood and im getting rid of the lights so how do i disconnect them?
    You must keep the key. I did on a long time ago, but don't remember the color of the wires. I just spiced it into the wires that go to the factory on/off switch.

Originally posted by fox945
    Thanks for the info. Also can somebody tell me what handlebar pullback is. I pretty sure I know what the differences are with height, end height, and sweep but don't understand what pull back is. Kinda sounds like the same thing as sweep to me.
    It's the same thing.

Get Flexx bars, they kick a55!
    WWW.STUNTCOCK.NET
    “PROJECT BLACK” 2004 Honda 450R
    Pro Armor, DASA, Quadtech, GPR, Kenda, Galfer, Fox Shox, OMF, Fasst Co. Team RPM, Sidewinder, Walsh, ARC, PWR and GoForItGraphics

ATVRiders.com June 2008 "Quad of the Month" Open Class

myspace.com/stuntcocknet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast