Thread: Prairie clutch troubles, need some help

Prairie clutch troubles, need some help

The other day i was out riding and when we stopped my bike gave a couple sputters so i put it in neutral and gave it a rev or two, the sputter isn't my problem. When i put it into gear it stalled, so i took the clutch cover off to find the front clutch was stuck with the belt about half way up it, i gave it a little tap with the hammer and it popped right back out into normal position.

I figgered it would be fine but when i went to ride it after this the same thing happened and the front clutch is now stuck again, why? Has anyone had this problem before?

I would take it do your local dealer and have them rebuild the front clutch. Sounds like the shims are just about wore out of it and causing a bind. It's not an easy do-it-yourself fix unless you have all the special tools.
    Jarrod Sheets
    FD Racing
    Thank you to my sponsers: HMF, Fasst Co., Spider Grips, DynaFS, Thede Photography, Hornung Cycle, C&D Racing

my dad had the same problem and he took it to a couple of dealers and they said nothing was wrong he had to take it off him self and send it to a guy that does them hes got an ad in the back of dirtwheels /most dealers i've noticed don't know what they're really doing and charge tripple