Thread: Which way do the Clutch Discs go in?

Which way do the Clutch Discs go in?

I cant remember from the last time I did a clutch... On the steels... the sharp edge goes towards the inside of the motor correct?

Thanks for your Help!!!!
    06 450ER... Protaper Bars, Blingstar Bumper, Blingstar Propeg nerfs, Motoworks SR4 Pipe, Jetted, K&N, Gripper Seat.... Thats about all I guess

05 400ex... (gf's bike) Motoworks Bumper, Moose propeg nerfs, Two Bros pipe, Skids.

Both surfaces are supposed to have the same roughness to them.
    89TRX310ESR,9porting,11pipe,38Mikuni,Ported Radvalve,CR ignition, lightened CR flywheel, lightened counterbalancer,Dunlophttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...4/000_0769.jpg

yeah i think the rough edge goes to the inside. the last friction plate goes into the shallow slots of the outer housing

Originally posted by speedfreek
    Both surfaces are supposed to have the same roughness to them.
    They don't though, due to the way the steels are manufactured. They are stamped out, so one side has a "smooth" edge and the other side has a "sharp" edge.

The general consensus is to put the sharp side towards the motor/smooth side out. I honestly don't know how much it matters, but that's what a lot of people will tell you.
    00' 400EX - GT Thunder 450 stroker, custom JE 12.5:1 piston,
    +7mm stroked crank, HD stroker rod, HRC cam, GTT full race porting, +1mm intake valves, FCR 39 carb, CRF timing chain, Denso IXG27 iridium plug, full Hinson 8 plate clutch, Desert Toyz Supercooler w/ SPAL fan, UM airbox w/ UNI, CT Hi-Output exhaust, Roll LOBO II F/R, LT PEP 8 click ZPS piggyback fronts, PEP ZPS rear, YFZ brakes/450R master, CCP stabilizer, Hiper Tech beadlocks, Durablue X-33, TAG, Quadtech, ASV, AC, IMS, RAD, Works Connection, Galfer..

05' Kawasaki KLX 110 - Fast 50's springs F/R, HRC cradle, Rox risers, FLY fatbars, NGK CR6HIX iridium plug, Twin Air filter