Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: light bulbs for 07 525

light bulbs for 07 525

does anyone know if the light bulbs for the 07 outlaw 525 is the 880 or 881 bulb? Thanks for the info everyone.
    07 outlaw 525 K&n filter, rathracing pro nerfs and guards, jd jet kit

My 08 Outlaw 525 had a burnt out headlight bulb after the 2nd ride. It is not like any automotive bulb that I have ever seen and was only available thru Polaris.
    Mark
    2008 Outlaw 525 IRS

I've got to think there is a bulb out there someplace that hasn't been located yet. I can't believe that Polaris has an exclusive bulb & socket that can't be found anywhere else in the world.

I wonder if PIAA or Trail Tech or anyone else in the offroad bulb business has a listing - and then cross their bulb to something generic?
    Known off the forums as Dave McPartlin

McPartlin & Sons Racing
    Dave- 08 Outlaw 450MXR IATVHSS #141 B - class
    Landon- 07 KFX50 IATVHSS #99 50 stocker
    Conner- 07 Radio Flyer tricycle

I have been searching for the bulb cause i want to put a hid conversion kit. I know the sportsman and preditor have the 880 type bulb i was just wondering if they would work witth the outlaw. their are hid kits for the 880 type bulbs so that is why i am asking.

the predator and the outlaw are the same bulb. I have done a lot of searching, and all the bulb manufacturers say the same thing, "it is a polaris exclusive". Now, I do belive that the 09' outlaw has a new, more standard bulb

outlaw jeff
    where did you find that the pred takes the 880 bulb. I too have been trying to find a hid kit for my 525 but without the bulb type it was impossible. are you 100% on this? this is soooooooo awsome if its right

evil I am not 100% sure. this was what i found online searching on google. I will check with the dealer that i am friends with and i will personaly take a look at the 2 bulbs and see if they are identical. Did you find hid kits for the preditor bulb? I will update you as soon as i get to the polaris dealer this weekend.

I think if you take the bulb out of the outlaw it has 880 written on it i think. I could be wrong though, it has been a while since i looked at mine.

let me know if you get a verification before i get my reply up.

alright i have the stock bulb in my hand, and it looks like there are four prongs that go into the light housing then you twist the bulb to get it to stay in there. the 880 bulb type looks like it only has three prongs. i dont think it will work
    anyone else have any input?

mine has two numbers one is 1481 and the other is 88260
    i think were SOL

Originally posted by evil 525
    alright i have the stock bulb in my hand, and it looks like there are four prongs that go into the light housing then you twist the bulb to get it to stay in there. the 880 bulb type looks like it only has three prongs. i dont think it will work
    anyone else have any input?

mine has two numbers one is 1481 and the other is 88260
    i think were SOL
    Yep its definitely not an 880 type bulb.

I had one burn out and saved it after I replaced it with a new OE bulb. i have not found another like it anywhere.
    Mark
    2008 Outlaw 525 IRS

yeah i think we are as well. i will check and see if any of the sportsman bulbs or rzr bulbs are alike. I think if we want hids we will have to come up with our design. there has to be a place to get them polaris doesnt make the bulb it has to be a number to cross reference somewhere.

thanks for all the input

ill keep posting with updates

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast