Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: how to remove carb?

jsut a little pop on decel from high rpm's. i'm going to change the oil this weekend and get a new plug in there to check it all out.

thanks for all the help

I get a little pop or two when coming down quickly from a very high rpm. Seems to be the norm more than something isolated.

Glad that it's running well for you. Keep us posted if you guys race!
    Mark
    2008 Outlaw 525 IRS

What they said. The pop/crackle on decel is pretty common with the 525 engine, especially with the stock head, no concern there. You just want to avoid that loud gunshot.
    2007 Outlaw 525 (#315Q) AC Racing Blackline ProPeg nerfs, Wilson Racing suspension, Precision steering stabilizer, Flexx Bars 15*, Rath Racing anti vib mounts, Rath Racing MX grab bar w/supports, Oury, Pit Posse Outlaw shifter, Vapor computer, JD Jet kit, big O-ring, YFZ throttle mod, Pro design filter, CT Racing full exhaust, RAZR 2, for sand-20x10x10 Edge on Douglas .160.

2007 Predator 500 LE
    350 Raptor, 2008 250 Raptor, 2006 Jetmoto 150, 50 Raptor

2007 Outlaw 90(#384M) 2008 Class A 14 and under state champion
    2006 Predator 90 (#705M) 10 and under 2nd place in state

I like the loud gunshot sound!

well i went riding this weekend and developed a problem. bike is running great. lots of power up top and low end grunt.

towards the end of riding for about an hour the bike started to stumble as if it was running out of gas. i check the tank ( i knew i was low) and sure enough there was gas sloshing around. I am in the fields around my house so i start to cruise at a medium RPM' home. bike stutters a few times, but again, gas is in the tank. low, but not empty.

i get home let the bike cool off. come back in an hour and the bike wont start. i start checking over everything and the only thing i could see wrong was one of the lines on the right side (rear brake side) of the carb had come off. Not sure what the line goes to. its one of the clear ones and it starts to run up towards the tank (never pulled the plastics off). i reconnect but the bike still wont fire.

at this point i go in. i'll get some fresh gas tonight and top the tank off. not sure what could be going wrong. i tried to get the sprak plug out to check it to make sure i'm getting spark, but couldnt find a deep socket that was skinny enough to get down over the plug.

That sucks. It should have come with a special thin wall socket for the plug. Did you check with your owners packet?
    Mark
    2008 Outlaw 525 IRS

Check to make sure you didn't lose the fuel screw. I lost mine and didn't notice it until I slowed down to a stop. It sputtered and died and wouldn't run worth a poo, if at all!
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

Originally posted by eerhard09
    Check to make sure you didn't lose the fuel screw. I lost mine and didn't notice it until I slowed down to a stop. It sputtered and died and wouldn't run worth a poo, if at all!
    fuel screw as in the one on the bottom of the carb? i'll check that when i get home.

Originally posted by TINKRD
    fuel screw as in the one on the bottom of the carb? i'll check that when i get home.
    Yep, the air/fuel screw on the bottom of the carb, the one you can't get to very well.....
    07 Polaris Outlaw 525
    HMF * AC Blackline * K&N * EHS * ProTaper * Oury * PRM * Pure Polaris * Kenda * Skat Trak * Moore Power * JD Jetting * KTM Hard Parts * Pingel * Maxxis

I had an after market air screw. It fell out on me but not completely because it was too long. It sputtered and burped and farted until i figured out what was wrong. Make sure if you do get an after market screw you get a good one. And install it correctly.

I can change mine on the fly. It helps when climbing mountains.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast