Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thoughts on the 10 hour?

thoughts on the 10 hour?

i think everything went extreamly well for this race. they had plenty of course workers to keep problems to a minimum. Harlen, props to you for all the effort that you put into this, Kevin Johnson and all of GBC did a great job also.

Andy Kyner, Great job to you too.

Thanks, and I am already planning toward next year, which I plan to make even better.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Next year I do plan to have an actual racing program - which I would like to include this race.
    Known off the forums as Dave McPartlin

McPartlin & Sons Racing
    Dave- 08 Outlaw 450MXR IATVHSS #141 B - class
    Landon- 07 KFX50 IATVHSS #99 50 stocker
    Conner- 07 Radio Flyer tricycle

We had a blast. We will definitely be there next year.

Things went pretty smoothly for this being the first time racing a 10 hour endurance race here. Awards should be held a few minutes later next year so peeps have time to shower and get a snack if they want to.

I loved the fact that there were so many officials out on the course, that made getting towed in if you broke down easier and kept corse cutting to a minimum. The whole crew was pleasant to talk with, that was a plus. Even if they were busy, they took a second to listen or answer a question. Thanks! Maybe next year the starting line can be marked out before the start, I know with the snow and rain it was hard this year, but marking it prior to the start can make things easier.

All in all our teams liked the course. Thanks so very much to everyone who worked so had on this race. Two thumbs up!
    Proud mama of teen racer.
    Thanks to: S&S Pallet Corp., ADJ Trucking Inc., Kids depot, Inside the Lines, State Street Warehouse, Dirt Works, Shrum's Garage, Tire Balls, Pro Taper, IMS, LRD, Pivot Works, Moose Racing, Spider Grips, ZBroz Racing, Dirt Works, Hot Cams, Smith Optics, Alpine Stars, Maier, & Precision Powersports.
    Without you all, our racing experience would not be this great.

Originally posted by Admin
    Thanks, and I am already planning toward next year, which I plan to make even better.
    Hey harlen, any plans on holding it on the east coast for the 90% of national riders that would participate in it if it was closer??

Originally posted by Britboy
    Hey harlen, any plans on holding it on the east coast for the 90% of national riders that would participate in it if it was closer??
    Hush your mouth! It's the Heartland not the Eastland Challenge

I didn't go but I think that with MO, IA, TX, and OK having a rapidly growing XC racing scene, it makes sense to have it more in the middle. Say what you want about having 90% of racers in the east, when the 12 hours was in IA, they had a far better tutnout than in PA.

You pretty much have all the GNCC's out there. Maybe a couple should come to Iowa and back to Missouri???

I thought everything went pretty smooth except for the weather of course. I do think there was some miscommunication with some of the officials though. I ran into a couple of issues that we were told we could do in the riders meeting but told we couldn't by some officials. No big deal, they had their hands full and I understand that. Thanks again to everyone that made this happen!!!!!!!!!!

Something along those lines are in our thought process....2 or 3 races for the year etc. This was a big learning process for everyone, and I know Harlen will be attending another endurance event just to see how they run it so that we can continue to improve the race.

Id like to see a the grass mowed a bit shorter in the Pit Stop challenge

Id like the weather to be perfect

The course marking for the UTV's needs to be improved, although the snow did not help. Seems to me all the UTV races ive attended have an issue with markers getting mowed down

I thought the race went extremely well considering the weather, and I was glad to be sent out to cover it!
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

[

I thought the race went extremely well considering the weather, ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Me Too!
    Proud mama of teen racer.
    Thanks to: S&S Pallet Corp., ADJ Trucking Inc., Kids depot, Inside the Lines, State Street Warehouse, Dirt Works, Shrum's Garage, Tire Balls, Pro Taper, IMS, LRD, Pivot Works, Moose Racing, Spider Grips, ZBroz Racing, Dirt Works, Hot Cams, Smith Optics, Alpine Stars, Maier, & Precision Powersports.
    Without you all, our racing experience would not be this great.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast