Thread: On the fence

Stock Apex 50 vs Stock DRR50

Stock DRR50 vs Stock Apex 50. Looking to add second bike to the stable. Passing current DRR 50 down to my 4 yr old. Not sure which way to go with the 5 yr old. Will be running the 4-6 yr old stock 50 class in Worcs series. Sorry if this topic has been covered, but most of the stuff I found referred to the 70 and 90's.
    Been happy so far with the DRR. I like the fact the Apex has no oil injection stock. Where as if you remove it from the Drr it is considered a mod. Also not sure if the boy is big enough yet to kick start the Apex himself. Have been told I could order the Apex with electric start, but at a substantial cost. The Apex is more money out of the box, but is it worth it. Our they that much quicker in stock form?

Thanks,
    Adrian

As a DRR guy, i have to admit that if we were racing in a stock class, the Apex would be the bike. They are more money, but have more features than the DRR stock vs stock.The DRR is a better platform for a mod build in my opinion, because of the lower cost, you can buy real race parts. But stock for stock in a stock class, the Apex might be a better choice in worcs.
    Proud father of
    Buddy Williams #16
    7 Time National Champion
    3 Time ITP Quadcross Champion
    World MX 90cc Champion
    First runner up ATVSport Youth Cross Country Rider of the year 07&08
    www.buddywilliamsracing.com

2012 Season Sponsors

Fox Racing Shox
    Walsh Racecraft
    DWT
    Motoworks/Can Am
    x-stream composites
    DP Brakes
    GPR steering stabilizers
    Stuck on Racing Graphics
    Maxima Racing Oils
    Leatt inc.

I can tell you I am looking at buying a apex 50 for my son that is 4 as well. Drr needs to step it up as far as the 50 class goes in my opinion. The exhuast kills you with the drr, I think the apex would spank it. I'm trying to find out if it will be legal to run in the national series or if I will get protested first time we show up?