Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: 2008 GBC Motorsports Heartland Challenge ATV / UTV - Live Race Coverage

Originally posted by Admin
    Yes, I several thousand photos to sort, and I will have a gallery uploaded by Monday Night or Tuesday morning at the latest.
    Thanks for your hard work! Looking forward to seeing the photos of the race.

Wink

Originally posted by Admin
    The Powermadd/GT Thunder Pro 450 team consisting of Brandon Summers, Johnny Gallagher and Taylor Kiser quickly came off the line along with the Dirtworks team of Duane Johnson, David Burrows and Kyle Martin, while the team Jarrod McClure and Jeff Pickens could not get their quad started right away and were almost last off the line.
    Sorry but it was Michael Burrows and not David Burrows..

Harlen, thanks a lot for helping to bring a great event like this to our community. Now we can hopefully be known for something other than those damn septuplet kids, lol. The track held up very well considering the weather and the track was alot of fun.

great race harlen.....all the banned racers had a blast....thank you for all your hard work
    CERTIFIEDRACING
    CCS PEST MANAGEMENT
    TONY KELLNER MOTORSPORTS
    BANNEDATATVNEWS.COM

Originally posted by 79400ex
    What happen to Todd Macke?

My rectifier went out after the 7th lap, it was shooting 42 volts to my electrical. DirtWorks did everything to fix it and get me back on the track but the back up rectifier wasn't shooting any volts.... Lighting has been my biggest problem, no lights, no ride! The track desentigrated badly, the down hill breaking bumps were terrible. I got stuck on center ruts several times, smacked a ton of trees, climbed a tree with one front tire and about flipped over, and my chain popped off once. I'll come back in 2009 and try again one last time then I'm retiring. I want to say a big thank you to the DirtWorks team and Shrum racing for all their help in the pits!

Just got home...I think my feet have finally thawed out

Was cool meeting a ton of folks that i've only known online....awesome people all around!!!!!

Id love to hunt Iowa....but ya'll can keep that blasted wind!

Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Wink

Originally posted by Pappy
    Just got home...I think my feet have finally thawed out

Was cool meeting a ton of folks that i've only known online....awesome people all around!!!!!

Id love to hunt Iowa....but ya'll can keep that blasted wind!

Well Pappy, maybe we can work something out some time.

Thanks for this report, I was looking for info on this race all weekend. you always do a great job and super pictures.
    2009OUTLAWIRS #134
    2008-9OUTLAW525XCR #134
    2008RZR
    POLARIS
    Sponsors
    *Polaris Industries
    *R. Falcone Powersports
    Polaris, Ranger, Victory, Triumph, BMW
    West 16th Street Indpls., IN
    just west of the river by Saab
    *GBC tires
    *Rath Racing
    *predatorowners.com
    *SCOTT, 661, EVOMX,

Chance Kellison and Dakota Stevenson got out front in the youth race on Dakota's quad from the beginning and stayed there the entire race even after the break down and tow in. They had to finish over have the race on Chance's sister's stock 90. This was officially Chancers last race in the mini ranks and will run the full season in the junior/schoolboy class in 2009 on his raptor 250. He was thrilled to go out with such a bang.

Now on to the big quad race. Taylor raced with Brandon O'neill and Saige Johnson as Sudden Impact. Tay went first. She got the holeshot on her class and put the moves on her Dad's teammate Miles to make the pass on the entire +40 class also. She said she was feeling awesome and putting some ground down when she threw her chain without completing a lap. She gets towed in and we had to deal with a emotional breakdown but her teammates picked up the slack until she was able to recompose herself. They were able to hold on and with the Kymco team having issues were able to make up the time and take second place in the schoolboy class.

Johnny teamed up with Miles Harris and Ron Mueller in the +40 class as the Banned Loslers. They had a good race with only one flat tire and really no other issues. They had a several lap lead when Homer came in for what could have been his last lap. His teammates told him they had already won the class but I told him to go back out and take the checkered.

So we had a great time and came home with 2 first place trophies and one second place. We had an incredible time, even with the horrid weather. I really hate the cold and am looking forward to next year with the plans for August.

Thanks to everyone that put on the event and to all my families teammates and their families, we had a great day.

Shrum Racing had a fantastic day! We had a morning team racing "Boyz fron Illinoiz" who took 2nd place...Great job guys, you really put on your game faces and gave it everything you had. I am very very proud of you Brian, Josh, and Alex. Great race!

Our afternoon racers, DJ, Devon, and Ronnie; raced in the Pro Am class - they rocked! They came in first in their class and fourth overall. Way to go boys! We had no trouble with the quad that they rode - but the track deteriated thanks to the rain and snow. I guess we will unload the quads and assess the damage later on today. I don't think anything is broken, but we'll give them a once over to make sure.

We bought a 9" H.I.D. light from Harbor Freight. This thing was awesome. Donnye fabricated a nice bracket customized to the quad and it held up fantastically. Best of all, the entire set up only costed $120.00. I was impressed.

Thanks to everyone who put so much effort into this Great race. We had a blast and fully intend to run it again next year. Hope everyone is recovering from the bitter cold.
    Proud mama of teen racer.
    Thanks to: S&S Pallet Corp., ADJ Trucking Inc., Kids depot, Inside the Lines, State Street Warehouse, Dirt Works, Shrum's Garage, Tire Balls, Pro Taper, IMS, LRD, Pivot Works, Moose Racing, Spider Grips, ZBroz Racing, Dirt Works, Hot Cams, Smith Optics, Alpine Stars, Maier, & Precision Powersports.
    Without you all, our racing experience would not be this great.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast