Thread: honda 450es problem, help!!

honda 450es problem, help!!

we have a 1999 honda 450es 4x4, our problem is the rear wheels dont spin, anybody know y?, like is there a sheer pin tht could have gone or somthing in the trany?????
    02 400ex upgraded to 07 plastics, w/ DMP Graphics/seat cover
    DG bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid plate,motor sport nerf bars, 3'' riser with protaper se bars, k&n air filter, power madd hand guards,jeted, HMF slip-on,sparks timing key, RAD mfg double row carrier with anti fade lock nut(red), tinner scoops(PC black), C&D rebuilt/sprung 450r shocks, Hiper CF1's(black)

what do you mean by the wheels wont spin? if you try to push it by hand will the rear wheels move or are they completely locked up?
    2002 Trail Boss 325
    Hot Seat Full Exhaust System
    Hot Seat Clutch Kit
    K&N Air Filter
    Pure Polaris Handguards
    DirtSkins Shock Covers

1979 Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am w/ 403

1991 ford ranger
    Furniture Restoration in Central New York, PM me for details.......

no no, they turn , they wont spin if you go in mud in stuff, like its only front wheel drive...
    DG bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid plate,motor sport nerf bars, 3'' riser with protaper se bars, k&n air filter, power madd hand guards,jeted, HMF slip-on,sparks timing key, RAD mfg double row carrier with anti fade lock nut(red), tinner scoops(PC black), C&D rebuilt/sprung 450r shocks, Hiper CF1's(black)

it happend to my cousins quad its a standard though a 450 same thing the farm modle. and he isnt fixing it he saidd 2000 to fix. its a 1999 or 1998
    01 400ex gots some mods *** fan cooled***

$2000!!!!! omg, do you know wat the problem was?

no i am not sure i will find out for you by tomrrow though he is at work right now ill give him a call later on tonight.
    01 400ex gots some mods *** fan cooled***

k, sweet!!, that would be great,

does anybody else have any info on this? , i would rather not take the whole rear end apart.....

well i ripped it apart and found the prob, splines on the axle where worn pretty bad along with a few bearings here and there...gona cost about $600 for all the parts.....and we need a new case...lol