Thread: prairie overheating?????

prairie overheating?????

Hey all...I have an 04 Prairie 700, no engine mods. Riding at fast speeds it does fine, but if you put it in 4x4 low, the fan seems to come on within a minute or so, even just putting around the yard. Does this seem normal to you all? I don't ride it much, so I can't be sure if this is something new its doing or if it always does it. I've cleaned out the radiator and put all new antifreeze in it, 50/50. Any thoughts????

my 06 750 brute does the same thing. i bought it new . it's always done it so i just assumed it was normal. but i don't know for sure
    06 BRUTEFORCE 4x4i

09 GRIZZLY 700 efi eps

Thanks for the info. I don't ride it much, we are getting ready to go on a big ride and just don't want to end up being a spectator. Thanks again

Must be normal, mine does the same thing, has since it was new. I spray off the radiator regularly, and run an additive called water wetter that is supposed to aid in cooling. I have about 650 hours on mine, and haven't had any motor problems yet.
    2004 Prairie 700 (Mine)
    26" MudLites
    Dynatek CDI
    2008 Mongoose 250 (Wife's)
    2 - 2009 DRR 70's (The boys')

The fans on prairies tend to run quite often. It will also continue to run when you turn the key off till it cools down. It's nothing to ever worry about unless you see your coolant/temp light flashing....then you have a cooling issue!
    Jarrod Sheets
    FD Racing
    Thank you to my sponsers: HMF, Fasst Co., Spider Grips, DynaFS, Thede Photography, Hornung Cycle, C&D Racing