Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Overall Modification to Motor

Best Overall Modification to Motor

I would like to know what you guys think is the best overall motor modification to my 2000 400ex. I have a K&N filter already. Thanks for all of your help.

a pipe
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

I have to respectfully disagree. Dollar for dollar a pipe will not yield the best power gains! For less than a full exhaust system I put in a new piston and cam ($255) and my bike is night and day different. I am running a modified stock exhaust and I am sure an aftermarket exhaust makes a difference but nothing like the gains you see when adding pipes to a 2 stroke. This is just my opinion but I think as far as bang for the buck exhaust is not the place to start!

Later,

Triston

Ask Santa for a 440 kit or save your money. Believe me you will wish you would of done it sooner, I know I did!
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

well, you could get an eldabrock carb for about 375. They say you can gain up to 6 hp
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

Thats the carb you don't have to jet right.

Yeah, i think so. There's also keihin carbs also that are good, they are a little more money though
    "We'll put a boot in your ***...its the American way."
    AIM Name-JakeFox06

Nitrous!
    2008 white/black KFX450
    DASA pipe, FuelATV airbox intake, PCIII, KX cams, ported head, AC Blackline nerfs, ΒΌ" PRM swingarm skid, Modquad billet case saver, PIAA H6M lights, 15t front sprocket, PB block-off, Spider grips, new fuel tank

2001 Yellow 400EX
    White Brothers S-Bend, AC Pro Pegs, Tag X5 handlebars, Armadillo swingarm skid, K&N filter w/Outerwears, computer fans, Cobra bumper, Kenda Klaw XCs, 155 main jet, a few graphics, red Shockwears, red anodized Trixx PB block-off, RTC clutch/brake levers, Primary Drive sprockets & X-ring chain, red LED underbody lights, Tinner scoops, PIAA H6M lights, Turbo Paddles on Douglas .125s for dunes, and Brite helps keep her pretty.

AOL Messenger is SandDuner400EX
    Yahoo Messenger is whitebrothershonda400ex

i would recommend a 450r carb. the 04-05 450rs, you can get there carb for about 172 bucks from service honda. also if you can, send your quad to a engine builder, and put a 440 big bore, and then put a +3mm stroker crank in it. and i think its about a 460 or 465, but it would cost a lot of money to do that, but buy a full white bros pipe or something. the pipe will really help a lot.

and whoever said a pipe a pipe wont make a difference on a 4 stroke like it will on a two stroke, what are you smoking, its a big difference from a stock exhaust to a aftermarket, and it has big gains, like 7 hp
    Trx 450R - BACK IN ACTION!!!

*2005 CRF450R*
    Pro-Action Suspension
    Pro-Circuit Ti-4 Full System
    Acerbis Hand Guards
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Hotrods Crank
    JE 12.5:1 Piston

2000 Mustang GT
    WAY too much to list, and still too slow

A pipe, some disagree with the $ per $ of what your getting but a pipe and air filter is always a start. A cam, piston or air filter dont do much justice without more exhaust flow. You need exhaust to uncork the motor then you can do anything and see much bigger gains than mods and a stock exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast