Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Voice your oppinion on a new QOTM voting

Originally posted by mxpimp2000
    i agree some ppl have multiple accounts and cheat its never based on the quality of the quad or the pics anymore its if u got enough buddys to vote u in seems tht way to me cuz u see alot of junkers get way more votes than some tricked out mint quads
    yes that is possible, but you can't disagree with nearly all of the winning quads on here. i tend to vote more for what i think has the most time and effort into it, not which one has the most bills.
    ~Mike~
    2000 Honda 416EX

i say make it like a lottery, randomly pick like 50 people or watever and let them vote....then tht will weed out all of the ex lovers etc etc....
    02 400ex upgraded to 07 plastics, w/ DMP Graphics/seat cover
    DG bumper, Pro Armor swingarm skid plate,motor sport nerf bars, 3'' riser with protaper se bars, k&n air filter, power madd hand guards,jeted, HMF slip-on,sparks timing key, RAD mfg double row carrier with anti fade lock nut(red), tinner scoops(PC black), C&D rebuilt/sprung 450r shocks, Hiper CF1's(black)

My vote always goes to the person that I felt did the most admirable work to their bike with the resources they had available.

I know that having this lifestyle means you generally have to have a decent, steady income. In racing especially, I have noticed it has turned more into "who has the flashier bike" than the next guy as opposed to just enjoying a day on the track.

I give more respect and attention to the people who made their dollars stretch farther and still ended up with an incredible machine. Sure, it's easy for a guy to win who's bringing in six figures, or is racking up a thousand credit cards, but for an average guy to turn an average bike into a racer- now that is worth giving credit to.

I've got a friend who has a million loans and is in debt up to his eyeballs doing mods to his 450. His bike looks good, yes, but anyone can swipe a card. My other friend, on the other hand, relentlessly searches Ebay and Craigslist for good deals and finds whatever his available funds can support. If it's broke, he fixes it. Sure, his bike doesn't look "as flashy" as my first friend's- but he's put more attention into his bike, learned to repair what needs repaired and made every dollar stretch...and it's a great looking quad!

Those are the bikes that get my vote
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes...make sure it's worth watching."

*Member of the OMRA: #22L.
    *Proudly cleaning up your TRASH since 1988! Keep our trails & dunes clean!

My name's Ashley, and I'll tell ya how it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123