Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Parts

Aftermarket Parts

What aftermarket parts are out for this thing so far like a arms, pipes, motor, or anything. Thanks

everything you listed and more.

Do some searching.

Jay
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Race Bike
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Practice Bike

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com
    email: Jay@fwcarbon.com

I have to ask why???? The bike comes already with all the components you are asking for. 4130 chassis 4130 a-arms longtravel WP fully adjustable shocks, I guess there are people that have massive amounts of money laying around to waste on aftermarket components that are not needed.

So really why do you want different a-arms and shocks?

Its all about rider preference. Just because it comes with this stuff stock, it doesn't mean it is going to work out best for each rider.

For one.... I didn't like the feel of the stock WP's for my liking, so I went and got new Fox Evol DSC's. Who knows, I might not to 100% happy and may switch again.

Jay

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com

Originally posted by loboboy
    I have to ask why???? The bike comes already with all the components you are asking for. 4130 chassis 4130 a-arms longtravel WP fully adjustable shocks, I guess there are people that have massive amounts of money laying around to waste on aftermarket components that are not needed.

So really why do you want different a-arms and shocks?

Yea I dont get it either, especially the suspension. Maybe 5% of the people out there could outride those shocks and would want something that lets them go faster. I can understand getting them reworked. Revalved and resprung and im sure there great. Even the shocks on any other 450s are good enough for over half the people out there.

Well he rides A class/ Pro Am and the National level so when you are pounding tore up national tracks you tend to need a little more then what the stock setup has to offer.

I won't argue these points but I sometimes think that people don't give themselves enough time to tune the shocks as needed. Yes some may never get to a comfortable point with them but I honestly think if you work with the shocks they will perform as good as if not better than anything else out there and the revalve and respring is way cheaper than a new set of shocks.

I don't think anyone is ignorant for changing it I just think what this bike comes with stock can work and work very well, the bike just needs tuned to the rider. Just my .02

Yes you are correct, sometimes working with shocks that you have will get you where you'd like to be, but I've ridden nearly every brand, and shock setup out there, and no matter what it all comes down to preference.

Even though a shock is said to be "setup for the rider", it is always about the feel you like and are looking for. I am picky, but in the same way the stock wp's are great shocks for a stock machine and can be worked with.

Jay

www.fwcarbon.com

bruening from dilla this year told me the wp shocks wouldnt work good for me at all because im to light i weigh 145 im running selected nationals next year due to the navy but does anyone believe that the wp's could work well for me in the A class if i spent alot of time setting them up or will they be to stiff no matter what
    http://www.myspace.com/hutchmx9ine2wo

Hutch#92
    Thanks to all my 09 sponsors
    Fast company
    Answer
    BOPP
    Blitz
    Gaerne
    Amsoil
    Maier
    One industries

The newer model sx comes with lighter valving vs. the first batch. Mine was a first model and was way stiff. They are sprung lighter now. I think you would be fine in a class but if they are a little stiff just send them to Rocket Ron. He has th wp's figured out and working DAMN good for $950 bucks. That includeds triple rate, long travel mod(taking it to 10.5) and revalve. He uses axis components and is real good with getting the valving dialed in per your needs. Or if you are looking to spend a little less he can just revalve for about half that. Ask anyone on the ktm forums that has his work. Its top notch and you wont hear one bad review.

Mine were the first set he ever messed with and after 3 times of trying new things, we got them to work BADASS!

The ktm out of the box literally can be competitive in the a class with the racer package.

stabilizer
    nerfs
    fmf pipe
    and bumpers.

This setup has been dynoing about 51whp 35ftlbs and on that light chassis works very well. You wont be dissappointed.
    09 ktm 505sx . Sold
    09ktm 450sx Jb pro series arms, PEP PB1s , fmf 4.1/megabomb, Fuel customs intake.

2010 sponsors, ktm northamerica, fasst co, Fuel customs, Action motorsports, hinson, dwt racing, evs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast