Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New +1.25 swingarm, what length chain

New +1.25 swingarm, what length chain

Just got a new lonestar +1.25 swinger. What length chain do I need? Thanks!
    01' 440EX stroker - +4mm crank 11.5:1 JE piston, stage 3 cam, lightened flywheel, ported by Thumper Racing, +1mm intake valves, 39mm fcr carb, HD studs, 8 plate clutch, Sparks X-6, Houser, Elka ZPS front shocks, Gt Thunder rear shock with mx linkage, Lonestar axle & +1 swinger, TAG bars, AC bumper and propegs, RAD tapered carrier

The stock length works, I got a Primary Drive Gold X-Ring and it hasn't stretched sense I bought it.

Hope to see some pics of it.
    ~Dallas~

03' Roll Design/IMS-Roll/Custom Axis/C&D Racing 416ex

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

What gearing are you running though. I have 15/38 and didnt think my chian would be long enough.
    01' 440EX stroker - +4mm crank 11.5:1 JE piston, stage 3 cam, lightened flywheel, ported by Thumper Racing, +1mm intake valves, 39mm fcr carb, HD studs, 8 plate clutch, Sparks X-6, Houser, Elka ZPS front shocks, Gt Thunder rear shock with mx linkage, Lonestar axle & +1 swinger, TAG bars, AC bumper and propegs, RAD tapered carrier

I think I got a 100 link chain with one out. I have a 13/36 gearing.
    > Honda set up totally for MX with all the extras removed
    >CRF-EX
    >LSR CRF
    Thanks 2010 Sponsors ASV, DWT, Engine Ice, Laker Customs, Motowoz ATV Racing Shocks, Precision Racing Products, Rath Racing, Rox Speed FX, RPM Racing Axles, Spastic Designs, Spider Grips, Streamline Brakes, and Tag Metals.

I have 14/38 gearing, but if your going with 15 then i'd get it with a few more links.
    ~Dallas~

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

Motor mods- JE 11:1 comp,Stg 2 Hotcam,C&D Race ported head,Stock carb jetted,White Bros pipe. Ran on Turbo Blue 110

i was looking into getting a new swingarm also the same length i was wondering how you guys like it? is it worth it ? what are the benefits?
    05 YFZ450 JB/PEP/Rath/Motoworks

I would 2nd buying one. They are just plan awesome. A few reasons are they are stronger than stock, I think it flies nicer and if you do any type of racing the front end stays down a lot easier. I think the only down part is you can't do wheelies as easy but I don't care to do those so it doesn't make any difference.
    >CRF-EX
    >LSR CRF
    Thanks 2010 Sponsors ASV, DWT, Engine Ice, Laker Customs, Motowoz ATV Racing Shocks, Precision Racing Products, Rath Racing, Rox Speed FX, RPM Racing Axles, Spastic Designs, Spider Grips, Streamline Brakes, and Tag Metals.

You can still do wheelies with a +1.25 swinger. It does keep the quad planted more in turns and coming out of them. Its a nice addition if your planning on buying or have arms, then it helps even more.
    ~Dallas~

Special thanks to...
    Colby@C&D Racing
    Hardkor Engineering
    G4 Graphics
    Team2powersports
    RockyMountain ATV
    Chino886
    K&K ATV
    JL ATV
    Magic Racing
    Blais Racing
    Metro Powersports
    IMS/Roll Design
    Motosportoutlet
    Badger Cycle
    And To my wife

I've found it really hard with the gearing and 18's. It will do it but usually when you just lean back and crack it, it spins and tears up the yard. lol
    >CRF-EX
    >LSR CRF

Thanks for all the replies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast