Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 300ex suspension on trx90 need opinions please or suggestions for cheap

300ex suspension on trx90 need opinions please or suggestions for cheap

Just got my son a TRX 90 and was wondering how the 300ex front end conversion kit from Diamond J Customs sells is any good or not.. I have a complete 300ex for parts so all I need is the brackets.?? Is this worth while or not? Please some opinions... My son wants to try a race or 2 next year .. he is only 8 ... if he likes it I plan on buying him a DRX90 but didnt want a ton ivested in the bike to start with. Please let me know.
    Thanks

I am not crazy about the geometry of this kit. Because of what Diamond has to do to get things to fit, it widens the frame mounts way wide.

That being said... the DRR is a totally different riding/racing style than the 4 stroke Honda. If you have the donor bike already, it might not be a bad investment and you could always convert everything back if you don't like it.

c

I've wondered, why not use 400 a arms with this kit? Would it make it too wide?

Well i am stuck with either using my 250x as the parts donor since it needs an engine anyways and just buy a new one for me, or just put a 300ex engine in mine and buy his new control arms.. I just didnt want to invest that much money into because if he likes racing he is getting a new one.

Iv'e got a set of 300ex a-arms I'd sell ya for 40$ + shipping I take pay pal if ya want em

I have everything I need except the adaptors.

I have this kit on my sons trx 90 and he bent the brackets badly after 2 races,after doing some mods to the brackets and the upper shock mounts it is working just fine and he is competing with drr,apex etc.but it will not hold up the way they send it to you.If you decide to go with it I can tell you what worked for us.

Diamond J set up is okay... it needs a lot of tuning, but for the money it works good! I have linked a video of my 5 year old racing a 13 yr old. The 13 yr old has the Diamond J kit and my 5 yr old has Robbs Racing suspension other than that they are the same!

BTW the 5 yr old won the race!

Also dont use diamond J rear shock kit just reweld your stock swingarm +2 it is much better!!!
    Kraig
    2007 TRX85R
    2008 CRF450R
    KLX110
    KTM50SXS

Originally posted by bnesbitt2
    I have this kit on my sons trx 90 and he bent the brackets badly after 2 races,after doing some mods to the brackets and the upper shock mounts it is working just fine and he is competing with drr,apex etc.but it will not hold up the way they send it to you.If you decide to go with it I can tell you what worked for us.
    Yes you are correct about that... we made the brackets a lot stronger.
    Kraig
    2007 TRX85R
    2008 CRF450R
    KLX110
    KTM50SXS

There is a big price difference for him to start with..so I am not sure what way to go.

What does the Rob's racing kit go for?

The main concern is for a little bit wider stance and a little more suspension travel/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast