Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up an 86

Just picked up an 86

So my dad and I just picked up an 86 LT250r yesterday and I've probably never been more excited to buy a quad. Its still got the original stickers on the swingarm, picked it up for 1200 bucks.

Anyone got any parts layin around in the form of a-arms and shocks they're lookin to get rid of?
    #49 Tom Simon

cool, post up some pics

I have stock a-arms and stock front shocks that are used but in working condition. Let me know if your interested.

Might have some-post exactly what you need.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

I guess its an 87 unlike I originally thought, but it makes no difference to me, its still sweeeet. lol. I almost broke my ankle today when my foot fell off the right peg and went under the tire, nerfbars will be ordered soon as I get my YFZ running.

It needs nothing but the nerfs, but Im kinda lookin for some odds and ends to make it more comfortable, it feels like riding a bicycle compared to the PEP's on my YFZ. What parts do you have?
    #49 Tom Simon

Good deal! It has the t-seat which was started with the 87 LTs... trying to see on the right side of the engine cylinder, I can't see a power-valve? 85-86 did not have a power valve, 87-up did.

I have stock a-arms from my 92 LT. I THINK the 87-up arms were the same. Some other odds and ends... tie rods... stock 34mm Mikuni carb... headlight, tail light...

Yeah-it almost looks like you have an 85-86 engine in an 87-92 frame.

Not sure, the flyer that was up on the bulletin board where my dad works said it was an 87.

I'll take a couple pics of the motor tonight when I go home
    #49 Tom Simon

The frame is definetly not an 86. It looks to be a 87 and up frame. No comment on the motor, I cant see it good enough to make a guess.
    Jeremy Smith
    2006 YFZ 450 50th Anniversary Yellow
    Curtis Sparks Full Exhaust
    K&N Filter

i'd say that the motor is an 86 just by the way the pipe is routed. Unless an 86 pipe would fit an 87 up motor...
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast