Thread: Recall 08 90x

Recall 08 90x

We just got a letter n the mail from Can Am/BRP . They are conducting a recall on 90x due to kill switch issues , they will remove it and pay you the owner $50.

Just a note we have had no issue whatsoever with the kill swith/tether.

We got the same letter today. We have'nt had ant issues either. To bad Can Am didnt adress the rear shock, rear fender supports, ect.

Shocks have been ok , front and rear. The fender supports are fine here too, but she is a casual rider , not a real racer. She did have 1 race on hers but no issues. She doesnt really go wide open though.
    I am going to call a dealer today and find out if they replace the kill switch or just remove it. If its removing , I wont take it in. If its swapping , then yes I will. We do plan on having her in a few more races next year , so it will be needed.

Update

Update,

I called a local dealer today and got the dirt on it. They are being instructed to REMOVE the switch completely and leave the customer with no tether/kill switch option. That is NOT ok with us , so we will not take part in this recall. They are offering $50 in Can Am cash (only good on products from Can Am through official channels). Its not worth it to us. We have to have a kill switch for the occasional race our daughter does. We have used the switch often and found no troubles with it , it does what it should , stops the motor.