Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a bad lookin bike....

Not a bad lookin bike....

The new DS 650 Baja looks pretty cool!! but its so big and heavy. ive heard from some of yall that it sux reallllly bad unless on sand... like a 300ex could beat it even. idk bout that, but im just wantin yalls input. what do yall think of it. i think it looks pretty awesome. but i still like my 400 better!! lol im not tradin it for anything. i like the headlights on the ds though, they are 60/55 watts!! as where ours are like 30 or something!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Red 400ex, white brothers E-series slip on, Razr 2 rears, raz'r fronts, 155 jetting, renthals, shockwears, k&n filter, graydon proline nerf bars, graydon proline front bumper,

350 Rancher ES

97 Tacoma - 6cyl, 3.5" fabtech lift, 33's

85 4runner - 8" lift, 38.5" Swamper SX's, 9,000 lb Winch, gears, locked front and rear

sorry for takin up more bandwidth, but heres a better picture
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Red 400ex, white brothers E-series slip on, Razr 2 rears, raz'r fronts, 155 jetting, renthals, shockwears, k&n filter, graydon proline nerf bars, graydon proline front bumper,

350 Rancher ES

85 4runner - 8" lift, 38.5" Swamper SX's, 9,000 lb Winch, gears, locked front and rear

I ride with a ds650 almost every weekend. They are a pig but the power is awesome. It is a smooth power but strong. The roost of the rear wheels is great...way more roost than off the ol' 400.
    They would be an awesome dune machine I think. They are a little too big for trail riding or moto-x but all in all I like the big ds.Oh yeah, the suspension is amazing on the thing, especially the front suspension.
    You should see if you can't take one for a ride...they are very comfortable, and fast as hell!
    Did you nitice the tires? The tires are the best thing about it! j/k.
    SOLD
    2003 KFX400...Elka, LSR, BIGGUN, 909, AC, holeshot mx, Tamers.

I like the bike if you've got the terrain to suit it. Unfortunately, it's very heavy and it's 50" width makes it illegal in state parks in several states. You'd have to check your own state laws but many states have a 48" width limit.
    2013 KTM 300XC

guy, are you serious? Why is there width limits at some parks? I assume it is to keep away the dune buggy's and trucks? But it's not right to stop the big ds from strutting it's stuff because it's too fat!.....BIG girls need it too!!
    SOLD
    2003 KFX400...Elka, LSR, BIGGUN, 909, AC, holeshot mx, Tamers.

I just looked at the baja ds a few days ago. I am assuming there is a new dealer down here where i live. I would have never thought this place would get bombardiers, anyways i thought it looked pretty cool. I do like the auto meter tach on the dash. It has the best tires on it too Other than that i would have to take a test ride on it to see if i would like it. I would have nowhere to ride that big hog around here though.............................

Andrew
    Thunder Racing
    Thunder Racing 2 stroke engine builders

2003 Suzuki Z400
    1999 Yamaha R6, Too many mods to list

Yes, the state parks impose those width limits to keep the buggies and trucks out. Our quads don't do half the damage that trucks do, especially when it's a little muddy.
    2013 KTM 300XC

Don't Matter

Too wide or not, it really doesn't matter. Those bikes are sweet. When the old 400 is paid off here shortly, the DS might just be my next purchase. The wife can ride my EX around (I definitely wouldn't want to get rid of it).

Just please stick with the standard yellow DS, it's much better looking than the Baja version.
    2013 KTM 300XC

personally i like the look of the baja! the front black part looks awesome. but mainly i like the headlight setup, and i like the ohtsu tires better than the dominators that come on the yella one. but its also like, 400 bucks more too..... i think around in there

350 Rancher ES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast