Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front brakes

awesome, i'll have to give that a try.
    Thanks in 2013 to: DIRT FIEND RACING/O'NEAL/SPY OPTIC/YOSHIMURA/DWT/PRO ARMOR/LEATT/FACTORY BACKING
    May '12 QOTM
    Hookit.com

2 things:
    first there is a guy on ebay with this kit. a 60mil syringe, with about 8 inches of tubing. like $6 plus shipping.

second i tried this and it did not work at all. any ides as to why not?
    2003 400ex
    powermadd star series handguards w/wrap-powermadd gauntlets-elka stage 3 front shock-tusk nerfs- 11:1 piston-full fmf-gtt xc link-oury grips-909 bars-precision anti-vibe clamp-K&N filter-ccp steering stabalizer-oversized oil tank

I tried everything imaginable. Only 2 things have worked well.

1. Mitey vac brake bleeder. Gotta pump it up then open the bleeder.

2. Syringe. I got a syringe from a farm supply store and used some clear tubing from home depot. Filled syringe and backfed the system and it took all of 2 mins.
    If it's stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid. - Murphy's Law
    2000 426EX,sold
    2004 450R WIP
    -Longtime A.A.D.S. (Accessory Acquisition Disorder Syndrome) sufferer.
    400EX Frequently Asked Questions, CHECK HERE FIRST!

if you change your pads properly you won't even have to bleed, but i've always had luck gravity bleeding over night. I've only had to bleed new brake lines. I've changed tons of sets of pads and never had to bleed. A note about pads, don't buy ebay pads, they last about 1 day.

That's what I was doing is new lines.
    2003 400ex
    powermadd star series handguards w/wrap-powermadd gauntlets-elka stage 3 front shock-tusk nerfs- 11:1 piston-full fmf-gtt xc link-oury grips-909 bars-precision anti-vibe clamp-K&N filter-ccp steering stabalizer-oversized oil tank

harbor freight sells a cheap brake bleeding kit which i have used several times and it cuts the bleeding time down a ton. Also what i used to do is disconnect the brake line at the master cyliner, then fill a syringe with brake fluid and shoot it down the line until the line is full. Then when you bleed the brakes like normal it will be almost instand because you dont have to wait for the master cylinder to fill the line which is what takes forever.
    - 05 450r-
    October 2012 QOTM

Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game. -Donald Trump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12