Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outlaw 525 oil capacity

Ya, your a little low. Just don't overdo it.

Argggg this is so damn confusing! Added probably 10 oz. of oil, let it run for 5 minutes. After shutting it off and waiting a minute, I now can't even see the oil level in the glass. I know for a fact that there is over 1.5 qts of oil in there counting what I poured into the filters so I should be good, but this freaking sight glass thing is really not working out for me. I'm not leaking or burning any oil so it's definitely in there. Is it possible to have something wrong with the sight glass thing?
    2007 Outlaw 525 IRS

Is your machine level??? Tip it a little toward your sight glass, and see how far you have to tip it for the level to come up?

Yeah garage floor is level. If I lift the front wheels off the ground about 6 inches, the glass fills up all the way.
    2007 Outlaw 525 IRS

throw a block of wood under the left 2 tires. Just trying to get a reference as to how far down it is? will a 2 x 4 bring it 1/2 way up the lens? somtimes the oil can get caught on the bottom edge of the lens, and you think that it is 1/4 full, but actually it is below the lens! By leaning the machine to the right, you can tell just how low it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12