Thread: Brute force 650 tire suggestions?

Brute force 650 tire suggestions?

Thinking about going with some different tires on my 08 650 sra. Will 27x9-12 and 27x12-12s on stock rims cause any rubbing/clearance issues? I'm leaning more towards the 26x9-12 and 26x12-12s but just wanting to get ya'lls opinion.

Also, i'm planning to go with the Carlisle Mud Wolf's, has anyone tried this tire? So far i've heard a lot of good things about it just wanting some more opinions.

Thanks in advance
    08 Brute Force 650 4x4
    -warn rt25 winch
    -itp black ss108 wheels
    -27x9-12 front 27x11-12 back Maxxis Zillas
    -k&n filter
    -dynatek cdi

You may want to go here for more info about your machine.. These sites are much better for this type of info.. BTW I have the same machine as you and am pretty much wanting to know the same info, but I am interested in different tires..
    Broke and trying to sell everything..

Exriders Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

I use ITP ATR Holeshot tires and love them. Have raced two GNCC events to include Snowshoe and have had no problems.

MK
    2005 TRX450r

I have the same bike with 27's on it and the SRA really makes the bike Tippy. I wish I had gone with a smaller tire b/c now I need to get some wheel spacers to help the center of gravity. If it was IRS I would say 27's all day but SRA.... Too unstable.

They are Intraco Swap lites which I highly recommend. Awesome tire never had a puncture riding with guys with alot of other tires that have.
    Outlaw 525
    Brute Force 650
    Banshee
    lt250r (parting out)

Originally posted by ojcool
    I have the same bike with 27's on it and the SRA really makes the bike Tippy. I wish I had gone with a smaller tire b/c now I need to get some wheel spacers to help the center of gravity. If it was IRS I would say 27's all day but SRA.... Too unstable.

They are Intraco Swap lites which I highly recommend. Awesome tire never had a puncture riding with guys with alot of other tires that have.
    Thanks for the advice there. I ended up getting Maxxis Zilla's(27x9-12 front, 27x11-12 back) on itp ss108s(black) and love them. Awesome all around tire and they do VERY well in the mud to be considered an all terrain tire.
    08 Brute Force 650 4x4
    -warn rt25 winch
    -itp black ss108 wheels
    -27x9-12 front 27x11-12 back Maxxis Zillas
    -k&n filter
    -dynatek cdi

Sounds like a nice set up... Do your ride the Hatfield McCoy trail system?
    Mark Twain: "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream and discover."

Originally posted by ojcool

where is a good place to get spacers? my dad has an 06 brute force 650 sra, i hate riding that thing because it always feels like its going to roll when you get on any sort of side hill.
    2006 YFZ 450 SE
    DG Skidplate & A-Arm Guards