Thread: Putting choke back on questions

Question Putting choke back on questions

When putting the choke back on where and how does that lil spring go on? Thanks in advance.

If I have a 40 pilot jet and it still won't crank should I put the choke back on or go to a 42 pilot jet?

BUMP

go with the 42

forget about that choke, it doesnt work that well and changing to a 42 will be alot easier
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

i have a 42, little hard to start when really cold(about 20 hear) unless i start it everyday, then no probs.

f-the choke. you just have to get use to starting in them its fine. pump the throttle 4 times and it should fire right up. hold the throttle 1/8 for about 5-10 secs then i let it idle till its warm
    when in doudt, GAS IT!

Ok, well I'm about to go get the 42 pilot jet then.....thanks for the info.

Yeah. I pump throttle 3 times... Then hold throttle at about 1/8.. then hold the starter, and she fires up every time. Then.. after it starts, hold the throttle a little open, like just above idel, for about 20 seconds or how ever long it takes to get warm. Then ur good to go
    ----------------**********----------------
    2002 416ex